News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Conceal Carry

Started by jvw2008, January 30, 2023, 04:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvw2008

Florida is going to conceal carry WITHOUT permit!

gman47564

Indiana did that last year..
Grant

jvw2008

Ya Indiana has a lot more sense than Illinois. 😄

sportacus

Got tagged yesterday to sit at the entrance to my church.  We are vulnerable.  Thirty feet off LA Hwy 167.  Major thoroughfare through north LA.  Was a little miffed.  Was carrying my "mouse" gun.  S&W Airweight loaded with .38 Special +P. Sitting there looking out, felt naked.  If some goob rushed the door, I would probably just shower him/they with broken glass. Told the Louisiana State Trooper/deacon/close friend of mine to give me a heads up the night before and I'll bring something more capable. Springfield XDM.  14+1 .45 ACP.  Thought it through.  First four or five ball to penetrate the glass door then get jiggy with the good stuff. Have to stay discreet.  Will be carrying two "Bibles" in leather cases. If someone asks, will say one is in English and the other in Old Testament Hebrew. O:-)
If you have the shot, take it.

EagleSix

I recently heard the governor would sign the bill if it hit his desk, has he done that, is it now law?

jvw2008

Supposed to be on its way there I believe.

autoxforfun

Never happen in CA.  They won't be happy until you have to ask permission to even clean it.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

LeadHammer

Quote from: autoxforfun on January 30, 2023, 05:55:26 PMNever happen in CA.  They won't be happy until you have to ask permission to even clean it.

I think it's worse than that, like Canada, they want all guns period.

autoxforfun

Very true....that does seem like the end game.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Bullet Jockey

Fortunately, I live in a constitutional carry state. No permit required for conceal or open carry....That said I still have a CCW for travel.

Those states that don't recognize or reciprocate...to bad...my safety doesn't end where your fear begins. 

MJeff23

Alabama became a constitutional carry state at the beginning of January.  I already had a lifetime CCW permit, so I guess I'll keep it.  All adjacent states recognize it so travel not an issue.
Jeff
First impressions are forever.....you don't get a second chance

gman47564

Same here with the lifetime license..
Grant

EagleSix

My state is constitutional carry with only two locations I may venture that a CWP (concealed firearm permit) is required by one and may be helpful in another.  I often eat at restaurants that serve liquor "on-sale".  To be legal, the firearm must be concealed, you must have a valid CWP, along with government ID, the establishment is not posted "no firearms", which is a very specific sign/location, and you cannot consume alcohol on premises.  If there are not specific circumstances otherwise, I like to fall on the side of following the rules, so I favor those "on-sale" restaurants that favor my right to self-defense. 

The other is while on reservation lands.  Occasionally while field shooting, I will venture over the boundary line from national forest/BLM/private to Navajo/Apache nation land.  Some nation police are not fond of Rednecks packing guns on their land, but sometimes some of them will honor our state CWP.  otherwise it can get pretty pricey!

As @MJeff23 I have had a CWP long before the constitutional carry laws, used to teach the state training class and just continue to keep it current. 

As Florida pretty much started the CCW permit thing many years ago, it's good that they may finally recognize a constitutional right.

gman47564

My dang eyes has gotten to the point that I struggle with open sights anymore.. so I broke down and put a red dot on the 1911 that I carry today..  even though I don't particularly like the looks of them on there .. the little vortex viper will serve its purpose..

Grant

EagleSix

Sacrilegious!!  ;D

But, I understand about the aging eyesight.