News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

Going long ...

Started by gman47564, January 01, 2023, 07:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

autoxforfun

Have fun.....wish I was closer,  sounds like you have a great day planned. 
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

gman47564

My buddies showed up this morning so we went down in the bottoms and shot.. we set up that kyl rack at 460 yards. Had a 4" and 6" plates at 610 yards. A 60% idps target at 860 yards a 20x20 plate at 1065 to start with.. I shot my 25. One of my buddies shot a 6.5 creedmoor.  My other buddy shot a 7mm Sherman short (interesting looking cartridge)

My 25 shined down there today.. I cleaned the kyl rack. The smallest target on it is 2 inches so I was happy to have cleaned it.. then I made good hits on all the other targets as well.. also had a 5 inch plate with the idps target at 860 yards and I smacked it both times I shot at it.. after we had all got on at all distances we moved the 20x20 plate out to 1300 yards and I hit there as well.. conditions were decent and we had a good time
Grant

autoxforfun

Well done!!  Great shooting.   Looks like you are in good shape for your upcoming match. That 25CM sure seems to be working for you.....along with the 135g Hybrids. 
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

gman47564

It is for sure bob.. it's been shooting really well for me.. I gave it a good cleaning yesterday and wanted to foul the barrel back in before we went down there today.. I had 6 rounds left in a box of 50 that I wanted to use to foul the barrel back in.. this is the 6 shot group I shot at a 100 yards after the thrroclean cleaning I gave it.. the first shot was a half a bullet width out of the group.. 😁

I don't think it needed fouled in.. lol
Grant

jvw2008

Good shooting. Glad you got out with the boys and had some fun. 👍

Hey Grant - good luck on your upcoming competition.

gman47564

Thanks jerry.. we're planning on going one more time before that match..
Grant