News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Ruger 77 Target Varmint 6.5CM

Started by XA-Coupe, July 03, 2018, 03:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XA-Coupe

Given I am not allowed to take my Ruger Precision into a neighboring state due it it having a folding stock, I've saved the shekels and got myself a Ruger target varmint, as I used to have one in 223 and loved it.

I've been buying Tikkas of late but wanted the Ruger Target Varmint for old times sake.

The build quality is chalk and cheese. The Tikka is smooth and everything fits and feels great. The Ruger... operating it feels like two bits of sandpaper rubbing together and the fit could be better ... but it shoots. It really shoots.

I was only running it in and doing some basic load development but it's already showing promise with 3/4 inch groups using hunting projectiles and a $200 10 power scope. Given this will be a hunting rifle as well as a range rifle, I am more than happy with this.

Do I regret getting the rough Ruger over the smooth Tikka? ... no, not at all.