News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

6 Dasher barrel/throat growth

Started by cwall64, April 28, 2018, 11:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwall64

Just wondering how others 6 Dasher barrels are holding up?  I just remeasured my jam after roughly 650 rounds and it looks to have grown by about 0.002".  It still shoots lights out for me, just trying to keep track of the numbers and when to have Josh/PVA spin me up another barrel...
NRA Benefactor - Life

rardoin

Only .002" after 650 rounds???  That is EXCELLENT!.  I don't shoot a Dasher but my close friend and gunsmith does.  He runs a 105gr Berger hybrid at the low 3000fps and has a barrel with about 1800rds that is >0.050" erosion.  I would guess that at 650 he would have had at least 0.020".

Ed

Im interested in what my 1/7 twist will look like after shooting 110SMKs exclusively. Right now i only have a 350 round count. Ill add that the boroscope look see indicates no wear
Talk's cheap....takes money to buy whiskey

dadajack

Them unonbtanium barrels are really getting mature...  :))  I think @Danbonzo only gets about 47 rounds out of his tubes.
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
I have a lot of guns... There, I said it.

cwall64

Quote from: rardoin on May 02, 2018, 09:04:31 AMOnly .002" after 650 rounds???  That is EXCELLENT!.  I don't shoot a Dasher but my close friend and gunsmith does.  He runs a 105gr Berger hybrid at the low 3000fps and has a barrel with about 1800rds that is >0.050" erosion.  I would guess that at 650 he would have had at least 0.020".
Well, might have to double check my math (don't want to pull a Shannon GTO here...)!  But, running 105 Hybrids with RL16 @ 2,950 FPS (26" barrel).
NRA Benefactor - Life

dadajack

Quote from: cwall64 on May 02, 2018, 10:43:18 PM(don't want to pull a Shannon GTO here...)

I don't think there are many who want to pull on that guy... :))
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
I have a lot of guns... There, I said it.

Danbonzo

Quote from: dadajack on May 02, 2018, 09:42:12 AMThem unonbtanium barrels are really getting mature...  :))  I think @Danbonzo only gets about 47 rounds out of his tubes.

Yeah I put a fresh one on for each match.
RIP Chris Cornell

jvw2008

"Yes that's the key. I do the same thing but I weigh ALL my new barrels and pick the one that is exactly the same weight as the old one. Gets me sub 1/4 MOA every time. Don't even have to change loads between barrels."

There - I did it. The goat has been resurrected.????

Disclaimer: this post is pure unadulterated BS!