News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Bat LG

Started by DHuffman, March 25, 2023, 10:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvw2008

Quote from: HufD63 on July 09, 2023, 05:52:11 AMWith the Forster instead of the Harrels D4

Gives a little less .200" line sizing than the D4, I may try it a while and see if I can get away with it.

You are now currently doing with your BRA what I've been doing with my Dasher Alpha cases for the last year and a half. Only thing I've added in recently is an every cycle anneal.

DHuffman

I've been fighting both guns all season with limited time to really get them humming.

Had myself convinced it was the rear bag so I shot a "bag preference" test this morning and if course the test favored the new bag LOL
Also shot neck tension test with both guns. On the first firing the Bat Alpha combo preferred a .2410" mandrel on the current 2nd firing it seems to favor .2415 & .2420

Good information, hope it helps.

Dave

jvw2008

And your preference is? I'm guessing the Lenzi is the new one?

Love mine.

DHuffman

Quote from: jvw2008 on August 13, 2023, 06:46:49 PMAnd your preference is? I'm guessing the Lenzi is the new one?

Love mine.

The paper preferred it, honestly the Edgewood tracked a little wonky which was likely my fault for not tracking it back and forth enough before I started shooting.
I like the footprint of the Lenzi but prefer the ear height of the Edgewood. Every time I track the Lenzi I can hear the rudder scratching on the ears.

Half of this shit is probably in my head, a guy has to have an excuse or two when he's not winning 😂
Dave

jvw2008

I started working with my Lenzi in 2021 and also was irritated with the ear height. Just seemed to ride too high on the stock. I talked to Dave Way who had suggested it and that had also been an issue for him until he took enough sand out to prevent the top of the ears from being rigid. I tried that approach and it worked well for me also. Not a lot of sand but some. At this point I would not go back to a Wheeler/Edgewood.

DHuffman

Yes I'm still experimenting with ear fill but the rudder scraping is a problem as well.
Dave

DHuffman

Seating at Elbow Lake yesterday evening. Wind was blowing 13 here at daylight this morning, made a quick trip out yesterday to test in decent conditions.

Shot staring into the setting sun with the wildfire smokey haze that's become the norm when we get any NW wind.

Dave

jvw2008

How long has it been since your measured your lands distance that you are referencing with your jam numbers? Doesn't matter for your testing. Just curious about the accuracy of your numbers.

DHuffman

Been a little while, I'm kind of on the fence about whether I want to measure everytime or just chase the node.
Dave

DHuffman

Testing another bullet in the Bat, 103 Roy Hunters. Now made in FL by Wheeler Accuracy.

These were loaded in some brass I set aside and forgot about, not sure what die, mandrel etc.
Dave

DHuffman

Loaded 29.8 for a seating test and higher powder test. Seated the powder test @ 7 in.

Normally I'd have seated the powder long then seated at the range based off the seating test.
I didn't like the way the seating test seated and didn't think I'd get very good results seating at the range so I added 2 in to yesterday's 5 and rolled with it.

Dave

DHuffman

Here's a close up of the seating test. 5,7 & 9 in with 3 shots each are within 1.030"  :o

Dave