News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Vortex upgrade

Started by bikemutt, October 05, 2022, 10:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikemutt

I'd had a less than stellar experience with Vortex warranty in the past, which I've alluded to from time to time.

I had reason to contact them recently about a riflescope which had lost it's mind.

Everything was handled professionally, in a timely fashion, with perfect results.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a product from Vortex going forward; they walked the walk and took care of business.

Chris

VA-XBolt

I've got about 5 Vortex Riflescopes, and 4 of their red dots, and one spotting scope (currently up for sale).

Last year, I had one red dot that was acting up, so I sent it back for a checkout, and got a complete new one returned. No discussion or argument required. So, I've certainly not had any problems or issues with customer service or repairs.

jvw2008

That's good to hear Chris. What particular scope model were you have issues with this time?

bikemutt

Quote from: jvw2008 on October 06, 2022, 08:19:07 AMThat's good to hear Chris. What particular scope model were you have issues with this time?

Jerry, its a Viper 6-24x50, FFP, illuminated EBR-1 reticle. I have no idea what went wrong with the scope, it was mounted on a Stery .308 hunting rifle which has been in a safe since the last time it was shot. The image through the scope looked like it does when you look through the objective lens side. Vortex said the windage was almost at the end of the adjustment range which makes no sense, and shouldn't matter in any case; an adjustment range is just that.

In any event, it's running like new now  ;D 
Chris

jvw2008

Wow that's weird! Sounds like a lens shifted position. Did they repair it or replace it?

bikemutt

They essentially said there was nothing wrong with it when they got it, other than 28 MOA of the 32 MOA windage adjustment had been dialed in.

It's possible the scope was hung up in some manner, and the trip to them freed it. They did hire USPS for the return 🤔.

At first I thought maybe I had not shot the rifle since we moved here permanently but that's not the case. I had Gentry Custom make a Quiet Muzzle Brake for the rifle after we moved here, I know I shot it after that. Besides, I personally moved all my firearms in a passenger vehicle, I like to think I'm careful when it comes to my guns  ;)

Chris

gman47564

A few years ago I had haphazardly mounted a scope and went to sight it in.. couldn't dial enough left windage in it.. was still a foot off.. thought something must be way off with the rail or the tapped holes for the rail was way off.. got it back to the house at the time and started to take the scope off and seen I didn't have the rear ring down on the rail all the way like it should have been.. fixed that and had to crank the scope back to the center pretty much to get it centered up..
Grant