7mm Rem Mag Is Calling Me Home

Started by sportacus, December 11, 2021, 03:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportacus

6.5 CM and PRC for life.  Quality hunting ammo for our CM's not an issue.  Not a hoarder but a smart shopper before the shortage hit.  Holding enough 6.5 factory PRC.  Set up to reload.  Have it all but bonded bullets.
 7 mm Rem Mag.  The pretty girl that brought me to the long range dance.  Have kinda stumbled into this.  Holding 150 Scirocco's from Swift and Remington.  150 Berger Classic Hunters from Copper Creek. Yesterday, the blind hog found the acorn.  Federal Terminal Ascent 155 grain.  At a little Mom and Pop shop in a Ahearn building.  Forty miles up the road from me in Olla, LA.  Have read about and watched the TV "sports" and Terminal  Ascent for the last couple of years. More likely to see a purple unicorn than this stuff. My Precious!  :))
If you have the shot, take it.

sportacus

Thought about making this old rifle a donor or buying something new.  Nope.  Ordered  a left hand Timney today.  Has always been a shooter. Too many good time memories.  Rounds count low, but they all counted.  Eleven shots fired in anger.  Between my brother and me, eleven dead whitetail and mule deer bucks.  Nine of them were worthy of the wall. He is similarly afflicted.  Right handed but left eye dominant.  Think this minor mod will make it better.

sportacus

Stormed all night and laying low because Omicron is raging in this rural community. Most were triple vaxxed, as am I. Skipped church.  Pray for me.  Bored.  Have been running different loads of 6.5 PRC, 6.5 CM, 7-08 and 7 mag on various ballistics apps and printing range/dope cards.  The Federal factory 7mag Terminal Ascent load impressive on paper and from successful hunt reviews.  Not sure if anybody loads it in 7-08.  But, if the 7mm, 155 pills ever become available, some central LA deer chasers/reloaders will take up the quest for the Grail.