New Members start here.

Main Menu

Reloading press

Started by Atlas, June 05, 2019, 06:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikemutt

Chris

sako52

Interesting review of the different presses. However, like most mechanical items there will usually be some variation from one unit of a particular brand/model to another unit of the same. Maybe even the next one off the assembly line. Therefore the test results are largely irrelevant.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!

CaptGrumpy

The Rock Chucker has been the standard for generations. I run a RCII and 2 Redding T-7s and 4 RCBS Partner presses in the drawer for a future endeaver. I will probably set one up for pulling bullets with my grip-n-pull bullet puller. Also I never pop primers out on my press as I like to keep my bench clean thanks to a must have tool Harveydeprimer.com
Chris
Yup! That is a 6.5 in my saddle scabbard

Kansaswoodguy

I have a co-ax a rcbs turret and Redding T7 I like the co-ax the best it see's the most use in fact the RCBS will be heading out to pasture shortly. I will not say I think the co-ax loads lower runout ammo than the rest it is simply a pleasure to use. I like the over head ergonomics of it, the insanely fast die changes and very clean primer collection. I will prime my large rifle primer calibers on it but I shoot very few of them generally speaking for any volume priming get a hand primer. The co-ax is a pricey investment and not for everyone I tinker a great deal in the reloading room and for me I would probably consider it my best reloading investment. Look at it like this a Fort Pinto and a Jaguar will both get you from point A to point B one is just more to drive.