Skip to main content
Topic: My pride and joy.. what's yours ?  (Read 3110 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: My pride and joy.. what's yours ?

Reply #30
Em, ohiococonut have strong wrists, or high tolerance for pain.   ;)

All kidding aside, that IS a nice collection of REALLY large caliber S&W wheel guns.
All my guns are steel and wood.  Well most all.
Golden Years, my ass.

Reply #31
Super pictures Ohio. Thanks for sharing. Those are ALL beautiful.

Reply #32
 A brown bear belly gun. I almost bought one of those. My thot was to load a 450 gr boolit to 1100-1200 fps. I still think its a sound idea. But having shot a 4" with 400 gr Sierra bullets pushed by 40 gr of 296. I figure I'de pass on the whole 500 S&W.
 Nice looking shootin irons tho !!
If your going to be a Bush Alaskan You need a perfect winter rifle. The Ruger M77 Hawkeye SS in 6.5 Creedmoor is mine.<br>You are being watched.

Reply #33
I hope to get out next week. Maybe try and get a good photo like the beautiful rifles you all have posted. Keep them coming.

Reply #34
Thanks fellas.
The little snubby does have a nasty little bite with standard loads. The heavier ones don't seem to have the same sharp recoil impulse.

This is one of the reasons I didn't reply in the "how many 6.5's is too many" thread. You can Never have too many but I've been down that road too many times with various calibers and have "tried" to limit myself to just one of each the last few years.
Too many guns, too little time!

It's not an obsession..............it's a compassion.  ;D
It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you. It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Reply #35
Man, you guys have some nice rifles. I'm green with envy.

I'm just working up some loads for my Hardy Rifle Engineering rig. Lots of fun.

It's my first rifle in 6.5 creedmoor.

I'm sold.

Very much looking forward to learning from you guys, thanks for having me.
Success is a poor teacher

Reply #36
Welcome mouth guard. Start a new thread in general discussion - tell us a little about yourself and what you are working on.

Reply #37
Heck I just can't leave out my 6.5 stealth. Factory barrel still. Xlr butt stock.  Ergo grip. Hawke 8x32x56 sidewinder.  This is what pushed me over the cliff with my long range pursuit. Lol
Grant

Reply #38
Stu, your rifle is "Pure Sex" and with a great ATACR scope.

I'd post my Ruger Precision Rifle but you've all seen too many of them already. Mine has a Bushnell Elite ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 scope W/H59 reticle.

Eric B.
"I can stop buying guns and gun stuff anytime I want - I've done it hundreds of times."

Reply #39
post it litehiker… their cool too...
Grant

Reply #40
 X2 Eric !
If your going to be a Bush Alaskan You need a perfect winter rifle. The Ruger M77 Hawkeye SS in 6.5 Creedmoor is mine.<br>You are being watched.

Reply #41
Here's mine!

Centerfeed LA Savage, timed & trued by Fred at SSS who also fluted the bolt plus made the rail and bolt knob.

I put it in a Staggerfeed laminated stock. Had to mill out the slot in the trigger guard for the Accutrigger then  milled an aluminum block to plug the mag hole creating a single shot sled.

I screwed on the Shilen Select Match 26" lite varmint barrel in 6.5-284 Norma and shoot 147s at 2940 fps with no blow ups to date!

It's got a Vortex 6-24 Viper PST on it now but will probably put a Golden Eagle on it later. I also plan on making a bag rider for the fore end to shoot it looooong off a rest!
Dave

Reply #42
That's sweet Dave. PERTY!!!
Grant

Reply #44
Here's mine.

An Accurate Orndance TMR.