Skip to main content
Topic: My pride and joy.. what's yours ?  (Read 3556 times) previous topic - next topic

My pride and joy.. what's yours ?

Here's my pride and joy when it comes to rifles. Savage stealth evolution 6mm creedmoor. 26 inch shilen select match barrel with a jet blast brake. with a vortex gen 2 pst 5x25x50.  8) i know we got a thread with pics of your rigs. Thought this could be a little different if its ok with the mods. And we could post what ever rifle we considered our pride and joy. If it's not ok I will remove it.
Grant

Re: My pride and joy.. what's yours ?

Reply #1
You just need to post a bigger picture, like this!

This is mine. 223, 28" Shilen Select Match 223 4 groove ratchet rifled. HS Precision 3 screw stock, SilencerCo Saket 7.62 and Vortex Golden Eagle 15-60x. Love it! Tack driving MACHINE!
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
I have a lot of guns... There, I said it.

Reply #2
Nice Jack. If you click on my pic it should open up.
Grant

Reply #3
 Don't see any reason this thread should be moved.
 The pics of your rigs thread tends to be strictly ish ! 6.5 Creedmoor rifles. Which it should be , seeing this is the 6.5 Creedmoor forum.
 Both the above rifles are pretty dang awesome.
 Coming from a died in the wool crf guy , that's quite a statement !
 I think this will be a great thread.
 Hopefully the Modulationators are in agreement ;-)

If your going to be a Bush Alaskan You need a perfect winter rifle. The Ruger M77 Hawkeye SS in 6.5 Creedmoor is mine.<br>You are being watched.

My Pride and Joy.

Reply #4
Just finished this build about a month ago.

MPA Competition Chassis
Bartlein 26" 1:8  6.5 CM
Kelbly Atlas Tactical action
TriggerTech Diamond trigger
Topped with a NF ATACR 5-25x56 scope

Yes, I realize speling is a chalunge for sum of us...I am inkluded in that grup, so pleze fourgiv me. Ski-U-Mah!

Reply #5
nice stugotz … still waiting on my mpa chassis for my 6.5x284  what bi pod you got on there ?
Grant

Reply #6
I'm very proud of this build...
Trued Rem 700 action, interrupted fluting of the bolt with KRG over-sized bolt knob, Trigger Tech Special, Criterion match 26" Varmint barrel in 6mm XC, KRG Bravo chassis, topped with Seekins base and rings, and Bushnell's DMRII 3.5-21 G3.  Most natural feeling gun I own, I'm overwhelmed with pride and full of joy on this one  8)
Money Can't Buy You Happiness, but It Can Buy Guns And That's pretty much the Same Thing
Scott

Reply #7
The bipod is an Atlas knock off, which I have since replaced with a modified Harris S-BRM bipod... 
Yes, I realize speling is a chalunge for sum of us...I am inkluded in that grup, so pleze fourgiv me. Ski-U-Mah!

Reply #8
My MPA, was a 6.5 creed, then a 6.5x47L, now 6 creed,  4th barrel on this action
Bighorn TL2 action
Hawkhill heavy palma 26 inch 1-7.5
PVA jet blast brake
Timney calvin elite trigger 14 oz.
Vortex Golden Eagle scope and seekins rings
Atlas bipod
Going to get a paint job this winter

Reply #9
Very nice!  Better getcha one of them EVG grips. They are slicker than snot on a brass door knob!

😎

My pride and joy take 2!

Reply #10
A close 2nd is my Kidd .22 Supergrade which is wearing a NF 3.5-15x56 ZeroStop scope. With some decent match ammo it's a tack driver!  8)

Reply #11
nice rig Gregg... no wonder you shoot them little bitty groups... :)  im jealouse of you guys with them cool mpa chassis... sounds like another month for mine...
Grant

Reply #12
Jerry, I've thought about getting one, but I like the soft feeling of the Ergo grip.
Is the MPA vertical grip a hard plastic?
I suppose it doesn't matter to much since very little of your hand is
on the grip anyways.  I do like the idea of the more upright hand 
position.  Would keep the finger pulling back at a better angle. 

Reply #13
Greg I’ve been a fan of the Ergo grips for a few years now. I liked them but I found that I kept buying different ones looking for the one that felt just right. I have an MPA chassis on its way, so I decided to mount a EVG on my RPR just so I could adapt to it. After a few dry fires and a couple of rounds down the barrel, I knew I had found what I had been looking for. Trigger control and repeatable finger placement is just right for me. Others may not find that comfort level but for me it’s perfect.

Reply #14
These are my two favorite AR builds. My SBR, 10.5" 300 BLK, 10" STNGR fore end, same can with QD mount, and the star of the show: The Aero Precision "Ghost Gun" lower.

This is just a sweet rifle. Nothing very special on it, but it runs like a bat out of hell, and the Odin brake removes ALL recoil, what little there is for a 5.56 gun. The Magpul Pro BUIS are also incredibly nice high-end AR sights though. If they weren't $220 for the pair, I'd have them on every AR in my stable.
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
I have a lot of guns... There, I said it.