Skip to main content
Topic: Meet my little friend miss tikka.. (Read 1082 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Meet my little friend miss tikka..

Reply #15
Well according to my applied ballistics app my 143 eldx is running 2756 fps and the 107 tmk is 3081fps. Both pills shooting well in my little tikka. She's gave me something to do while I'm waiting on my dang mpa chassis for the 6.5x284.
Grant

Reply #16
How nice is that.  You got a too-fer.  2 guns in one.  A nice deer and varmint stick.
How far off is the point of aim at like 200 yds between the 2?
What kind of ranges are you looking at with the 2 different animals?

Reply #17
Gregg there's a minute and a half difference  between the 2 at 250 yards. Just depended on the situation as to how far I would shoot at a deer. Was hitting a 6 inch plate easy at 430 with it but that's sitting at a bench with a rest. Would depend on how steady I could hold the gun deer hunting. I would take a 400 yard shot if I can held her still. Coyote. How ever far I could range it. Lol
Grant

Reply #18
Got to love the Tikkas. I have a CTR in 6.5CM that I shoot targets with and a 6.5 Swede for deer hunting. Both will shoot cloverleafs at 100 yards. I have really enjoyed hunting with the Swede. Puts a 135 grain Berger Classic Hunter down range at 2728fps.

Reply #19
That's a great shooter Grant. I lust after it's brother, a Sako 85 Finnlight stainless in, natch, 6.5 CM. And I'm getting ready to sell a few rifles to cover the price of that rifle and a Vortex Razor AMG 4 - 24 x 50 scope to go with it. Since I don't like stainless steel looking guns I'm getting it Cerakoated, probably in a dark green or dark brown.

As I "age" I'm beginning to whittle down a few firearms that I no longer use. But 6.5 Creeds are staying in the stable.
Yeah, I have a few "range toys" like my rare Ruger 96/22 WRM lever gun. (Yes, Ruger once made lever guns.)They give me joy and are relatively cheap to shoot.

Eric B.

"I can stop buying guns and gun stuff anytime I want - I've done it hundreds of times."

Reply #20
Litehiker you may want to give this tikka t3x lite consideration.  6# rifle that's crazy accurate.  Quick to shoulder. 24 inch pipe that I would consider a heavy sporter.. same poi whether the barrel is hot or cold. It's going to be a nice hunting rig this fall.
Grant

Reply #21
Well I thought I ordered more 107 Tmk's the other day but got the 107smk.. this bullet is .040 longer from base to ogive. So wasn't sure it would like them as much but it did.  :D Been working on moa for the day... Lol. So far I got 4 groups on 4 different days with 3 different pills and 2 different powders... with a hunting rifle.. hell let's just call it 1/2 moa for any day..  :))  ::) lmao...
Grant

Reply #22
That's nice Grant! After next week I'll be dragging out the hunting irons to get them dialed in.  I've really enjoyed the matches I shot in this summer and looking forward to Nationals next weekend but I'm definitely looking forward to getting out the hunting rigs and the green Caldwell bags for some quality time!

I've got 1000 of those 107 SMK'S I've never touched.
Dave

Reply #23
gman my Tikka shoots 123's, 130's and 140's all just like that the one thing I don't understand is they all have the same P.O.I. @ 100 yards but it's ok I dig it only thing I gotta change is my D.o.p.e. out past 100 yards makes shooting for me a helluva lot simpler

Reply #24
Thanks dave and good luck at nationals. I seen your targets from last night. Nice shooting. Just remember when your at nationals  pretend your at home shooting.. madvapor I havnt changed my scope either.
Grant

Reply #25
That's a great shooter Grant. I lust after it's brother, a Sako 85 Finnlight stainless in, natch, 6.5 CM. And I'm getting ready to sell a few rifles to cover the price of that rifle and a Vortex Razor AMG 4 - 24 x 50 scope to go with it. Since I don't like stainless steel looking guns I'm getting it Cerakoated, probably in a dark green or dark brown.

Eric B.
The new Sako Finnlight II comes standard in Cerakoated stainless  Choice of 20" or 24" barrels.

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
 ...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!

Reply #26
worked up a hunting load for this little rig today...  got 3 good loads for it already but wanted to try the 130 gr. berger vld hunting bullet in it... this little gun seems to shoot any thing you put in it good.. after doing a 10 shot ladder it showed a good flat spot at 2700 fps... I know this is slow for this bullet but the dang gun is just slow... nothing I can do about that... middle of my flat spot was 42.9 grains of h 4350 so I loaded 5 of them to see how it grouped … 3 of them went in the same hole with the other 2 touchingthe hole... load up 5 more and try them at 250... 3 of them at a 6 inch plate with just over a inch group.. one centered in a 4 inch plate and the last one on a 2 inch plate...plenty good for minute of deer...
Grant

Reply #27
I remember someone having a good load last year and shooting at a deer
can't remember what happened?
Just busting ya, G
Are we having venison steaks, hamburger or sausage?

Reply #28
that's exactly why im using a different bullet... didn't care for the outcome with the one I used last year...
Grant