Skip to main content
Topic: 6.5 Creedmoor build in progress (Read 4384 times) previous topic - next topic

6.5 Creedmoor build in progress

Well, I have a long way to go before I have a 6.5 Creedmoor. I am gathering parts as the gun budget will allow. I picked up my receiver today. I have a McMillan A5 stock  and a Rock Creek barrel on order. Still need to decide on a trigger and order the bottom metal. Hopefully by the end of the year I will have it shipped out to a smith for assembly.

Here is a picture of the receiver. I will post more as I get parts in hand.

Joe

I have a few more parts in hand. Still waiting on a stock and need to decide on rings. I've been trying to get deals on all the parts for this rifle. The receiver was part of a group buy on Snipers Hide.

Rock Creek 1 in 8 MTU. I got this through another group buy on Snipers Hide.

Trigger (got on sale at Midway) and bottom metal (ebay).

Scope. Not my original choice but the deal was too good to pass up. Leupold 8.5-25X50 Mark 4 I picked up off one of the gun boards. Like new. I think that I may like the illuminated reticle more than I expected. Just looking through it at various backgrounds, it really makes the reticle stand out.

Some more must have items.

Stock.

Just need some scope rings and a bunch of $$$$ and I can send all this off to get put together.

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor build in progress

Reply #1
I like that action, what kind of finish is on it?

Reply #4
I did a bake on teflon/moly coating in desert tan myself, on a 7mm-08 and it turned out good anddurable. I was wondering if you were going for the tactical camo look or traditional blueing.

Reply #6

I did a bake on teflon/moly coating in desert tan myself, on a 7mm-08 and it turned out good anddurable. I was wondering if you were going for the tactical camo look or traditional blueing.

Probably have it Cerekoted (or something similar) in black. I have not decided that for sure, still lots of time.

Joe

Reply #8
I added some more pics to the original post. I have picked up a few more parts since then. Hopefully I will have pics of Hornady ammo and brass soon.

Joe

Reply #9
Man, your build is looking good! I can't wait to see it all put together!

Reply #10

Thanks. I am looking forward to getting it all together. I just had to replace my HVAC system at the house so my wallet is a little thin. May be a while.  :(

Reply #11

Thanks. I am looking forward to getting it all together. I just had to replace my HVAC system at the house so my wallet is a little thin. May be a while.  :(

No rush!

Reply #12
Bump for the rest of the pics. Just need some $$$$ and will be ready to get it put together.

Anybody know where to get some extra $$$$ ?  :(

Reply #13
Looks like all top notch stuff. When all together should be a screamer. Man, I've been using the same 100 brass for over 2 years now, keeps me busy consistantly reloading, I can't imagine 500+, I'd spend a day reloading and be done for years.

Reply #14
I was afraid I would not be able to get it later. I wanted to have enough for one barrel life. I may have overdone it a little!  :o