News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

129gn Interlock - Appreciate load data

Started by ozpointer, January 08, 2022, 04:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozpointer

Hi there gents,
I was hoping for some pet load suggestions for my new 6.5 Creedmoor, using 129gn Interlock with H4350 in Hornady new brass.
Data is very hard to come by for this bullet.
Greatly appreciate any assistance.
Happy Hunting.

gman47564

Welcome to the forum.
Heres some load data from hornady and their 129 grain interlocks
Grant

bikemutt

Its not a pet load but, it's a page from a load manual, hope it helps.

Chris

LeadHammer

Sorry I am of no help, have not shot those.

Denver Steve

I have shot the 129 sst bullets with H4350 with great results. The interlocks should be very similar. Just start a bit low and work your way up. You should have no problems finding some wide accuracy nodes with the bullet/powder combination.

ozpointer

Hi Gents,
Thank you all for your assistance for a newbie. 

mnbogboy

I loaded up several boxes of these in prime brass before my Wisconsin hunt and used 40 grains of h4350 for about 3750 fps. I shot one buck with this combination about 5 years ago and it did its job.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

gman47564

Grant

HufD63

Dave

mnbogboy

11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Stugotz

I've been loading this bullet up (in 6.5 Grendel) behind 28.3grs of Power Pro Varmint off and on this morning. This will be one of the rifles I will be taking down to Florida for a week of hog hunting in mid February.
Yes, I realize speling is a chalunge for sum of us...I am inkluded in that grup, so pleze fourgiv me. Ski-U-Mah!

lofty

I've been loading my Tikka T3 with 129gn Accubonds recently using H4350, and getting good results. I'm using Hornady brass, CCI LR primers. MY load is 43.6gn  of powder, and OAL is 2.857. The usual caution of working up from a lower load is recommended. This is a nice accurate load out of a 22inch barrel but I haven't run it through the chrony yet.