Skip to main content
Topic: Annie Annealer (Read 176 times) previous topic - next topic

Annie Annealer

Has anyone ordered one from Fluxeon within the last 2 months?  I've had one on order now since January 13th.  Communication on Feb. 2nd indicated another 2 weeks.  Now over 4 weeks and again may be shipped March 19th.  Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues.  Trying to decide to cancel or wait them out.
CaptMarine

Re: Annie Annealer

Reply #1
The way things are right now pretty much everything is taking longer to get out the door and in your hands.. i would say if you want it wait it out..
Grant

Reply #2
Curious why you chose this annealer over the AMP annealer?

Reply #3
cost mainly
CaptMarine

Reply #4
Ok. I thought they were about the same price. I see that one version of the Annie is also in the $1350 range. Does the Annie have a self setting program for the particular brass you are using?

Reply #5
I ordered this one: https://fluxeon.com/product/31302/
Frankly I don't even know why I bother.  I'm not trying to become a world class shooter, at 72 years young, didn't buy the rifle for that so I ask myself every time I purchase something new, why?  Personal satisfaction I guess.  I'll buy a $1500 gun, but my son will purchase a $15K dollar gun.  I keep telling him I have just as much fun, all be it, I'm probably more frustrated at the end of the day than him.  Being old fashion, trying to tell him you can't buy yourself to be an expert shooter.  Shooting makes you a better shooter.

I play the game, clean brass, measure and weigh brass, measure and weigh bullets, try different powders, different loads, different seating depths, and so on and so on.  Heck even keep spreadsheets of all my data collected, but at the end of the day it's just a competition among myself.  Me, myself and I trying to outdo each other.

I had a Hornady piece of brass show an indication of a crack, not at the neck, so I figured it is time to get the annealer.  The Annie uses a timer based on the use of Tempilaq (750 degrees).  I figure for my purposes, my brass, my expectations it is the way to go.  With my RPR and reloads I can hit a 1000 yd target, so can my son, but I do it cheaper, maybe not the same MOA, but still have fun.
CaptMarine

Reply #6
That looks good Capt. Just like you said it has the basics you need to do a real good job. I like the fact that it is compact and has water instead of air cooling. Definitely more economical than the AMP. You will be the first on the forum (I think) with one of these. Please give us a report once you do get it set up and operating. Hope they get it moving your way soon.

Reply #7
Some of the folks I shoot with have Annie's and seem pleased.  In fact, one of the guys is pretty technical and has provided input into the design over time.  They also like the water cooled capability.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #8
I hope it works out for me.  I've been  waiting over 3 months.  Finally received confirmation that it has shipped (3-29-2021).  You wouldn't believe the excuses given me.  Anyway, with COVID and California state of mind I shouldn't have expected anything more.  Now I just hope the thing works.  If it works it will do the job for my purposes.
CaptMarine

Reply #9
I hope it works for you too, I've been watching the thread waiting for your review.

Keep us posted please!
Dave

Reply #10
I hope it works out for me.  I've been  waiting over 3 months.  Finally received confirmation that it has shipped (3-29-2021).  You wouldn't believe the excuses given me.  Anyway, with COVID and California state of mind I shouldn't have expected anything more.  Now I just hope the thing works.  If it works it will do the job for my purposes.

If you have problems, let me know.  I know someone that is pretty skilled with this product that may be able to help if needed.  
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough