Skip to main content
Topic: props to blue collar reloadin (Read 335 times) previous topic - next topic

props to blue collar reloadin

i have been looking for 6.5 bullets hard here the last few weeks... mainly bergers as i loaded my last hybrids yesterday.. with none to be found i started looking for eldm's or match kings just anything to replinish... no luck on anything... then i was going through the bullets on midway and seen uncle larry has the 153 gr a tips... ( pissed at uncle larry by the way) he had them for 93 dollars a hundred... grrrrr... almost pulled the trigger but didnt... so i remember seeing that blue collar had them a couple weeks ago but figured they were gone... nope they still have them... 65 dollars a hundred... big thanks for keeping it real to the folks at blue collar...  uncle larry it will take me a while to get over this...lol
Grant

Re: props to blue collar reloadin

Reply #1
I've seen a lot of the 153 Bergers and 150 Sierras online but didn't realize you were looking for them. Sorry about that.

It's kind of weird that Midway has held the price on many things but not on others. Going to be a rough one for awhile. I've been shopping for some cheap 120 - 130s to FF with and pretty much gave up. I have 600 129 SSTs, 300 will get used in a dedicated FF barrel and I'll use 100 good bullets in the comp gun barrel.

Have just <1000 VT 6.5 139s and got the text that the 133s are being swayed everyday now and should have mine next week.

All in all I'm in pretty dang good shape for my match guns and anything 6mm, 7mm & .338, the only place I'm really lacking is factory 6.5 bullets but I'll have enough by 133s I'll be able to shoot some of them if needed.
Dave

Reply #2
I've seen a lot of the 153 Bergers and 150 Sierras online but didn't realize you were looking for them. Sorry about that.

i wasnt really looking for them dave... but being thats about the only dang 6.5 bullet there is out there i thought i might as well grab a few.. my 6.5x284 really likes the atips so they will get shot up...
Grant

Reply #3
I too am a fan of 'Blue Collar'.  They are my first stop for many reloading supplies...good prices and seem like good people.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #4
Seems like most folks who try them become fans. I sure am. It’s sad to see their inventory so low. I know products disappear as soon as they show up, but I’m also wondering if they are getting enough shipments in to stay in business. Don’t want to see them close their doors.

Reply #5
i wonder that also jerry... i would hate to see them have to close their doors because they cant get any thing to sell..
Grant

Reply #6
Sorry for my ignorance, but who is "Blue Collar"??

Reply #7
blue collar reloading supplies... a great place to get reloading components... but their like every where else their out of alot of stuff they usually have...
Grant

Reply #9
 Thanks.  I knew who Uncle Larry was and thought Blue Collar was short for somewhere else.  I did google it after posting and found the site.  Nothing in stock I was looking for.  Will put them on my list of places to look when stuff starts showing up again.

Reply #10
2/25   They have quite a bit of 6.5 CM  Lapua Lg Pimer,  and Grendel Sm Primer Brass showing in stock. It ain't cheap.
https://www.bluecollarreloading.com/collections/lapua-brass/products/lapua-6-5-creedmoor-brass-lrp-4ph6013
https://www.bluecollarreloading.com/collections/lapua-brass/products/lapua-6-5mm-grendel-brass-4ph6020

Mark

Reply #11
They also have a few selections of Berger 6.5s and 6s!  That’s encouraging!!!

Reply #12
Blue Collar seems to have good pricing...even Powder Valley upped their primer price.  Saw CCI450 (I think) for $150/1k last week. Was barely able to get an order in from 3rdGenSS for $83/1k.

I haven't shopped at MidwayUSA for awhile, too expensive, and they make me pay CA tax :(

Reply #13
I haven't shopped at MidwayUSA for awhile, too expensive, and they make me pay CA tax :(

It's pretty hard to avoid sales tax online these days. Only the smaller retailers can get away with not charging it, for now. If they don't collect and remit sales tax, they are playing with fire IMO.
Chris

Reply #14
2/25   They have quite a bit of 6.5 CM  Lapua Lg Pimer,  and Grendel Sm Primer Brass showing in stock. It ain't cheap.
https://www.bluecollarreloading.com/collections/lapua-brass/products/lapua-6-5-creedmoor-brass-lrp-4ph6013
https://www.bluecollarreloading.com/collections/lapua-brass/products/lapua-6-5mm-grendel-brass-4ph6020

I'm not up to speed on Grendel brass prices but the Lapua Creedmoor brass is reasonable IMO especially under the current circumstances.
Dave