Skip to main content
Topic: Pretty Black and White (Read 161 times) previous topic - next topic

Pretty Black and White

Most of my rifles are laminate stocks configured for Benchrest competition.  But I am starting to enjoy the chassis based rifles and I have really drank too much of the MDT cool-aid.  I finished my third chassis rifle based on an MDT system.  My first was a 243 Win, the next was the 6mm CM Savage Elite Precision (which uses the MDT ACC system) and the one that I completed yesterday was a 6.5CM using the ACC system directly from MDT.  I really like the ACC since it has a long forearm which moves the bi-pod farther out and there are a lot of accessories for it (bag rider, weights etc).  As I start shooting more steel matches, all three should are good options to use.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Re: Pretty Black and White

Reply #1
i like it bob.... did you have the barrel cerakoted ?
thats one thing i like about the mdt orxy chassis is that it has a long wheel base...
Grant

Reply #2
Very nice! I like the sharp contrast. Is the white cerakote that you put on?  I have several chassis (MPAs) that I would like to cerakote myself but have not gotten to doing yet.

Reply #3
Thanks guys.   Yes, both the chassis and the barrel are cerakoted....but I didn't do it.  I looked into the process over the summer and watched some you-tube videos on it.  It didn't look too difficult but you really needed an oven to cure it....which I didn't have and I knew my wife would not allow me into the kitchen.  So when I order the chassis from MDT, they offered a number of colors and white was the one that got my attention  Then when I ordered the 30" Criterion barrel from James, I asked if he had a way to get a mat black finish on it.  They have a local guy that does their cerakoting....so just took a few extra days on the barrel.  So for <$300 extra, it came all ready to assemble.
Bob

Reply #4
That’s a good deal👍.

My interest in doing my own cerakote is still there. I bought a cheap meat smoker on sale -$125. It goes to 200 degrees so it should do the job when I get to it. I want to creat some durable unique camo patterns.

Reply #5
That’s a good deal👍.

My interest in doing my own cerakote is still there. I bought a cheap meat smoker on sale -$125. It goes to 200 degrees so it should do the job when I get to it. I want to creat some durable unique camo patterns.

It would be a good process to have.  There are a lot of applications that would be fun.  If I wasn't in the mode of cleaning up and getting rid of stuff I probably would have found an oven....but I am still working on getting rid of all the stuff I haven't used in 20 years.....still a ways to go.
Bob

Reply #6
Looks great, like the stormtrooper look.

Reply #7
Looks great, like the stormtrooper look.

lol....you know what MDT calls this color?  "Storm Trooper White"
Bob