Skip to main content
Topic: Sinclair priming tool thoughts (Read 160 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Sinclair priming tool thoughts

Reply #2
I got the email from Brownells for this today as well.  It made me think twice but then I'm pretty happy with how I prime now and really didn't need another shinny new object....it does seem like a nice piece.   The $99 can be used in better ways....at least for me.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #3
I have this Sinclair primer tool and used it for about three years. I finally got tired of the tedious way they use to change primer depth and purchased the Century 21 single hand primer. It is sooo much better than the Sinclair.

Reply #5
For small primers I'm using a Lee that came with a press package years ago. Then later I bought a Lee Ergo Primer for the large primers.
I know they're both about as cheap as it gets but it seems they've served me well.
Dave

Reply #6
My old lee safety primer has served me well for about 30 years.. you can put a flat of primers in the holder on top and go to town..
Grant

Reply #8
Jerry, have you ever used a K&M priming tool?  I’ve been using them for 4 years after my RCBS broke. I wonder if the 21st Century tool has a better mechanical advantage or is easier on the thumb. I like the K&M but have not been able to compare it to the 21st Cen.

Reply #9
No I haven’t Robin. I understand though that they are also very good. The mechanics of the 21st is easy but it also lets you feel the stage between primer bottom and crush. If you uniform primer pocket depth, it’s like clock work.

Each click on the collar below the shell holder changes seating depth by a little over a thousandths - so pretty precise as the name says. Best part is you don’t have to take the thing apart to change a setting.

Reply #10
I own 4 Lee Hand Priming Tools.  They all continue to give excellent service, and one is over 25 years old.  You would not believe how many Bench Rest shooters still use a Lee tool, and with BR shooters money is no problem.

Reply #11
I own 4 Lee Hand Priming Tools.  They all continue to give excellent service, and one is over 25 years old.  You would not believe how many Bench Rest shooters still use a Lee tool, and with BR shooters money is no problem.

My good friend, who is the current NRA F-TR 1000yd champ, has always used an RCBS unit with the tray.  His loads group incredibly well.  Go figure :) .

Reply #12
The best priming tool bar none is the RCBS bench priming tool.  The feel is excellent and easy on the wrist for those tough new Lapua cases.  You can even upgrade it if you so desire.  See link.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2018/10/darrell-holland-upgrade-for-rcbs-bench-priming-tool/

Eric
NRA Benefactor Life Member<br>Crafty Old Fart

Reply #13
Have one. Used it for several months but switched back to the 21st Century. The RCBS just didn’t give me the sensitivity of crush point that I was looking for. It is great though for seating a lot of primers fast and also keeps the oils from your fingers off the primers.