Skip to main content
Topic: Range that IS open (Read 389 times) previous topic - next topic

Range that IS open

Grant's range will be the only one open pretty soon.
He can charge us $10 a head and could shoot there.
( as long as we keep the social distancing apart lol)
How does that sound, Gman?

Re: Range that IS open

Reply #1
Mine will be open at daylight from 100 to 1000 yards  :D  light winds until noon.
Dave

Reply #2
dave's charging 5 dollars a square for toilet paper so 10 dollars for a day at the range sounds pretty fair... lol
 nah i wouldnt charge a thing... would be glad to have folks to shoot with... just bring your own paper targets... lol
Grant

Reply #3
dave's charging 5 dollars a square for toilet paper so 10 dollars for a day at the range sounds pretty fair... lol
 nah i wouldnt charge a thing... would be glad to have folks to shoot with... just bring your own paper targets... lol
Don't forget your other "paper" products & a fox-hole shovel!😨
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #5
My ranges have not closed but a sort of non essential business closure/ stay at home order was issued in our area. I was a bit bummed out until they clarified the order saying outdoor parks, tennis courts, and golf courses are open but exercise social distancing. This means the Sheriff won’t ask me to leave the range if I am by myself👍👍👍

Reply #6
Isn't essential that we get out and shoot?
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #8
Some good news for me today.  My recently retired banker was talking to a farmer (that I grew up with)   about my long range competition and how I was looking for a place to test at distance.  He said he should be able to make something work.  I met him today on the farm and he gave me permission to shoot down one of his roads that is 1500yds long, a perfect pad to the side for a bench/elevated line, and terminates against a wooded area.  When I told him I would have a few loads of dirt brought in to build an impact berm he said he will take care of it.  I told him give me the cost for a 'lease' and he would hear nothing of it.  He said he'll get the shredder and clear any weeds/grass and spray the side of the road we will shoot on to knock down the growth (which is not even an obstacle as it currently stands).  A dream come true and only 18 minutes from my reloading shop.

Reply #9
Very Nice.....so were do you live? ;)
Bob

Reply #10
Robin thats what i do.. shoot down a old road bed in the river bottoms.. only one way in and one way out.. just gotta make sure theirs no one down in there before we set up.. we can get out to 1300 there..
Grant

Reply #11
Nothing better than having your own private LONG range. There's no stopping you now Robin!
Dave

Reply #12
Very Nice.....so were do you live? ;)
South Louisiana in Lafayette. The farm is about 50 minutes from my house and about 12 miles from my father’s house, in Eunice, where we do all loading.  My other option was 1 1/2 hrs from home and tough to shoot on short notice and that farm is busy year round so availability was not predictable....but is another life long friend that offered his place.

Reply #13
Having that available sounds great.....amazing what keeping good personal relationships provides.  

I'm planning on heading to Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky to spend time with relatives that I've not seen in way too long.  If all this virus stuff ends, I am planning for sometime in the fall.  So I'll be closer than CA.........
Bob

Reply #14
Some good news for me today.  My recently retired banker was talking to a farmer (that I grew up with)   about my long range competition and how I was looking for a place to test at distance.  He said he should be able to make something work.  I met him today on the farm and he gave me permission to shoot down one of his roads that is 1500yds long, a perfect pad to the side for a bench/elevated line, and terminates against a wooded area.  When I told him I would have a few loads of dirt brought in to build an impact berm he said he will take care of it.  I told him give me the cost for a 'lease' and he would hear nothing of it.  He said he'll get the shredder and clear any weeds/grass and spray the side of the road we will shoot on to knock down the growth (which is not even an obstacle as it currently stands).  A dream come true and only 18 minutes from my reloading shop.

Good things come to good people. 👍