Skip to main content
Topic: H4350 in stock (Read 596 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: H4350 in stock

Reply #15
I am guilty.....I really didn't 'need' any more but I went and ordered another 8lbs.  It depends on how long this goes on to tell if this was a prudent move or just hording.

We'll let it slide Bob, I'm pretty confident you will use it. It's the guys who buy it just because it's there and everyone else is buying it are the ones who rub me the wrong way.
On the other hand I've bought a lot of this powder from those guys at a discount when they realize they're never gonna use it.
Dave

Reply #16
i too got a 8 # jug a couple days ago... did i need it .. not today but i will in a few months...
Grant

Reply #17
I think most guys “eyes are bigger than their tummy” to quote my dad.

Eight pounds of H4350 equilibrates to 1,333 rounds of 6.5 Creedmoor cartridges assuming 42 grs per case. How many of you are going to shoot that many rounds of that cartridge in the next year. Sure there are exceptions where you use that powder in competition or in multiple different cartridges, but that’s a small part of the population on this forum.

Reply #18
I don't have a problem if your going to use it in the next few months
or so. It will come back.
I always look months (6) ahead for what I might need or will need
for barrels, bullets, primers and powder.
In the last 4 weeks, got 2 barrels. one was in stock the other 5 month wait.
No hoarding of barrels, just like to have them when I want them.
I bought a 5, 1lbers of some Vihtavuori and some primers I didn't have
for a build for this summer not the most popular powder but didn't want
to get caught without some for testing.
Plus, it seems that after a shortage, powder sometimes goes up in price.

Reply #19
Jerry i had about 28 pounds of it a year and a half ago.. i was down to 10 pound of it. Also in the last year i went through 16 pounds of rl23, 10 pounds of rl26 and 6pounds of rl15. A 1/3 of all that is still in loaded rounds though.. but i do shoot alot.. lol.. dont hit much but i shoot alot.. 🙂
Grant

Reply #20
You guys all seem to have a guilty conscious 😁 relax you're not the problem.
Dave

Reply #21
Agreed!

Reply #22
Virtually unlimited amounts in my neck of the woods; a.k.a. AR2209 although you'd have to travel here to get it and the borders are closed.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...
 ...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!

Reply #23
I now have three rifles in which H4350 seems to provide maximum precision: a 6.5x55 Swedish, a 224Valkyrie (that was a surprise), and my new 6.5 CM. I ordered 2 8# jugs.

Reply #24
I am guilty.....I really didn't 'need' any more but I went and ordered another 8lbs.  It depends on how long this goes on to tell if this was a prudent move or just hording.

Bob,
Shhh! You are not allowed to own any bullet making stuff in California as it is too killy!
Chris
Confirmed Idaho Resident! Adios California

Reply #25
Thanks Chris....I try to keep my head down but I was feeling guilty  ::)
Bob

Reply #26
For those that missed out last time . . .

More H4350 available at Powder Valley.
It'll go quickly.
(BassPro sold out fast.)

Reply #28
I was down to my last 1/2 lb and have been keeping my eyes peeled and was just able to order 8 lbs from Midway if anyone is in the market.