Skip to main content
Topic: Vortex Golden Eagle  (Read 238 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Vortex Golden Eagle

Reply #15
got my golden eagle back today... set it up on the 6br as the vortex tech guy suggested... cranked the power up to 50 and set the eye relief... its a good half inch farther forward than i had it before.... havnt tried it out shooting yet but i think its going to be fine... i can get comfortable behind the gun with my eyes closed and have a full field of view when i open my eyes...,,

I'll have to try that next time I mount one up.
Dave

Reply #16
just sitting out in my building this evening looking at targets i didnt have any trouble finding them or losing them after i found them so i hope sitting it up that way resolved my issues with it... still got to bore sight it and get it zeroed ...
Grant

Reply #17
I struggle a bit with this in that each rifle is slightly different and therefore the eye relief is as well.  So it takes a bit of position adjustment behind each one to where it is natural.
Bob

Reply #18
Bob both the 6br and the 284 that i originally had the ge on is set up in orxy chassis. Same length of pull and everything else.. scope rings in the same places as well.. thats how i know the scope is a half inch farther forward by where the scope is setting in the rings..
Grant

Reply #19
Understand.  The challenge I struggle with is that I have GE on a couple, a NightForce on some others and then March on others.  So each is a bit different.  Not a big deal but something that every time I switch rifles I need to adjust to.  But I like them all....great scopes.
Bob