Skip to main content
Topic: I've got an addiction... Another 6.5 CM build (Read 340 times) previous topic - next topic

I've got an addiction... Another 6.5 CM build

Like the title says.  Yes, I have an addiction...  Here's another 6.5 CM rifle build.  Boring accuracy, just like my others.

Aero Precision M5 builders set, FDE (coated by a friend)
22 inch Ballistic Advantage Premium barrel
LaRue MBT-2S trigger
Brownells 308 nitride bcg, yes this has the small diameter firing pin (had to remove 1 o-ring under extractor to function correctly)
SLR adjustable gas block
JP tuned and polished 308 rifle buffer spring w/ Brownells 308 rifle buffer
Patriot Valley Arms Mad Scientist muzzle brake I had laying around
Warne LR 20 moa scope mount
Vortex 4-16x44 HS-T mrad scope

On to the pics...

I plan to have the barrel coated black, but I wanted to make sure it shot well before I did that.  I performed a 20 shot break-in, then got out a box of Hornady 140 ELD-M factory ammo from my stash and it produced this 5 shot group from a bipod and rear bean bag.   I'm completely satisfied with it.

Re: I've got an addiction... Another 6.5 CM build

Reply #1
Well that’s just plain pretty. Nice job Stevie!

Reply #2
What's it going to be used for?

Reply #3
What's it going to be used for?

Primarily long range target shooting, some varmint hunting and hopefully sometime down the road, PA game commission allows deer hunting with semi auto rifles.

Reply #4
Updated photo in the original post with the barrel coated black.

Reply #5
Beautiful rifle !
 Have u chronographed the difference in velocity between your 2 barrel lengths ?
If your going to be a Bush Alaskan You need a perfect winter rifle. The Ruger M77 Hawkeye SS in 6.5 Creedmoor is mine.<br>You are being watched.

Reply #6
Stevie, very nice build!  How do you like the Magpul PRS stock?  I have yet to try one due to the weight.  I mostly use the adjustable stocks.  Any feedback would be welcome.
Mike

Reply #7
The PRS is a very nice stock on a chassis or AR but you are correct they are heavy.
Dave

Reply #8
The prs butt stock is my favorite stock on my chassis rifles..
Grant

Reply #10
Stevie, very nice build!  How do you like the Magpul PRS stock?  I have yet to try one due to the weight.  I mostly use the adjustable stocks.  Any feedback would be welcome.
Mike

Thanks.  I love the PRS stock, but like others have pointed out, it is heavy.  On this build, the barrel is a heavy 22 inch, so the PRS helps to balance the rifle out.  I wouldn't run the PRS stock my other 6.5 CM AR with an 18 inch fluted barrel.

Reply #11
Stevie, got it!  I will probably cower to the PRS but for now I'll stay with the Magpul ACS-L.  Thanks for the feedback and good luck.
Mike