Skip to main content
Topic: Revenge of the Pink Panther (Read 291 times) previous topic - next topic

Revenge of the Pink Panther

Just finished the annual Four State 2-man Team Championship in Carthage Texas this past weekend.  Last year's competition was stiff but this year drew many of the top F-class shooters from across the country.  My gunsmith/friend Shawn Broussard and Barry Holcomb won the championship in F-open in a commanding fashion last year and returned to repeat the task this year.  The Gods smiled down upon this poor fool child (and his team mate, Barry Blackwell) and we pulled off an upset  ;D  ;D  ;D .  It was an incredibly fun event and a great way to end the year.  Increasing the neck tension on those .284 cases certainly paid off big time...not a single shot not explained by conditions in 130+ sighter/record rounds.

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/2019-four-states-two-man-team-championship.3983009/

Re: Revenge of the Pink Panther

Reply #1
Looks like Holcomb and Broussard we’re right in your tail!!!  Great work Robin. Congratulations!!

Wish we could also have good shooting weather this time of year up here in Colorado. 😊

Reply #2
Great work Robin, you've certainly put in the work and the win was deserved!
Dave

Reply #3
Way to go robin.. congrats..
Grant

Reply #4
Very impressive work sir! Grats on the championship!
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
I have a lot of guns... There, I said it.

Reply #5
Thanks guys.  The top 4 rifles were built by Shawn Broussard (dba Titan Precision).  If he and Barry were to be beat he sure wanted to be by my team :) .  He has been a great mentor and friend to me and many shooters in South Louisiana.

Reply #6
A good day for him as well!
Dave

Reply #7
He is obviously doing a whole bunch of things right.

Reply #8
He is obviously doing a whole bunch of things right.

He was a meticulous paint and body man in a former life and carried those obsessive skills into gunsmithing.  He built rifles that have set many records and won national championships.  He does take the time to get things right.

Reply #9
Congrats on a job well done and well deserved.
Happy Thanksgiving!
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith