Skip to main content
Topic: PRS Australia (Read 163 times) previous topic - next topic

PRS Australia

Well got home Friday after the PRS final, it was an awesome event.
I was in a three way tie 10th after the first day which was slightly better than expected. After dropping the ball on the second day I slipped back to finish 15th. A little bit frustrating as I've been working on keeping consistent into the second day.
On a brighter note I was pleased to finish the season 17th over all.

https://precisionrifleseries.com.au/2019
Sorry about the image quality the address above is where the results are if any one is interested.

Re: PRS Australia

Reply #1
good job chaz… 
Grant

Reply #2
Which rifle and scope did you compete with in this event ?
Keeping my bad Kharma intact since 1952

Reply #3
Congrats on a fine showing & great season.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #4
Good job Chaz!
Dave

Reply #6
I'm using my Tikka in an orxy chassis, in 6XC. The scope is an NX8 4-32.

Chaz.....If you get time;  how about a critique on the Oryx chassis.

And I hope your not near the fire zones. News up above here is
saying, New Zealand is seeing the smoke !!
Keeping my bad Kharma intact since 1952

Reply #7
Just saw this. Congratulations Chaz! I know you are up against some really good shooters. You should be very proud of that finish!

Reply #8
Chaz.....If you get time;  how about a critique on the Oryx chassis.

And I hope your not near the fire zones. News up above here is
saying, New Zealand is seeing the smoke !!
The fires are a couple of hours NE of us. I'd expect to have some closer before fire season is finished.
I'll have a think about the orxy chassis thing I do like it but I'm really, really not good with words.

Reply #9
Chaz I’ve been looking at this chassis. Would be interested in hearing your thoughts when you get to it.

Reply #10
I shot with the australian contingent at the US PRS finale, I don’t quite understand how/who was selected to come based on the .au standings though. Any idea on that Chaz?

Reply #11
I shot with the australian contingent at the US PRS finale, I don’t quite understand how/who was selected to come based on the .au standings though. Any idea on that Chaz?
The selection was for a first place at a national level match. It was becoming a problem when Lukas keep winning every match he went in. He went to 6 or 7 matches and won every one except one which he placed second in.
By all accounts he didn't shoot as well as he could have in the US. Nerves may have hot to him a little.
The 3 guys who went are really nice guys and very good shots.

Reply #12
Got it - cool. Yup lukas, george, and ashley were all really nice guys despite a few frustrating stages for each of them.

ashley mentioned they weren’t used to stages with 800-1200 and the AU matches tended to be mostly positional and 700 (yards) and in.   live and learn, they’ll be back with vengeance next year i’m guessing :)

Reply #13
Yeah they will be back, or at least someone from hear. There are not many range's in Australia that are approved for steel and go beyond 700yds. Also the rules on the rangers are quite restricting as far as what we aloud to do.
I'm quite lucky in the fact that we have a property with our own private range out to 1100yds. Can go longer but not all year round.