Skip to main content
Topic: Butt stock dope card (Read 356 times) previous topic - next topic

Butt stock dope card

Just wondering what y’all are using to attach a dope chart to your stock? Not too excited about just taping it on the stock(why? I’m not too sure). Saw an “ammo slicker” brand shell holder on a rifle at the range today with a clear sleeve on the left side of the stock. Looked pretty slick, no pun intended. I’ve searched the web high and low but all I come up with is the normal one without the clear sleeve. This will be used for hunting so I’d like it to be as sleek and user friendly as possible.

Re: Butt stock dope card

Reply #1
Taping to the side of the rifle works great. No real issues. Done it for years.

You can check out the Impact Data Books Stick Ons.
http://www.impactdatabooks.com/Stick_Ons_p/t-so.htm

Also another option is an arm band like a QB band. I use one in matches and it's fast and easy to use also.

Reply #2
It depends on how much data you need to have in front of you.  But for when I'm shooting steel matches that have pretty well know distances, I created a label that I stick inside the flip-up lens protectors on the scope.  The ones I show below can either go into the eye piece protector or on the back side of the objective lens protector.  I have the total MOA for if I want dial and the hold over MOA assuming I've already dialed for 200 meters.  I don't like sticking stuff to the stock so I have found this to work well for me.
Bob

Reply #3
I tape a Post It note to the left side of the stock. The note has a drawing of the reticle with the Hold Over points and their respective distances. It’s simple to read.
I don't want the enemy captured. I want them dead.
Every man has got to know his limits.

Reply #4
I think we discussed this before but, I prefer a sleeve holder
on my arm. Also known as a snipers wrist band.
Keeping my bad Kharma intact since 1952

Reply #5
I think we discussed this before but, I prefer a sleeve holder
on my arm. Also known as a snipers wrist band.

The arm band is my preferred as well. I use a QB arm band which is cheaper than the same thing which is branded as a shooting product and both work the same.

Shooter Arm band

QB arm band

Reply #6
I forgot my data card at a match earlier this year and wrote my data on my hand. Have wrighting on my hand ever sense. I never forget it I never lose it and it's simple witch really works for me.

Reply #7
I forgot my data card at a match earlier this year and wrote my data on my hand. Have wrighting on my hand ever sense. I never forget it I never lose it and it's simple witch really works for me.

We used to do that years ago at matches but it gets messy and stuff starts running together. It's a good last ditch use but far from the first choice. LOL

Reply #8
Prater Precision Sniper Data Board You don’t have to take your head off the stock

Reply #9
I made a Velcro/luggage tag/rubber nite ize twist tie data card holder for my Stealth. I have yet to use it but will be very soon. I like the arm band idea as well but I wonder if the adjustment on the arm band would go over a large jacket.

Reply #10
I used this guy. Looks kinda sketch, but you can Facebook message him and he will reply with a paypal link. You send him the money (25 bucks) and it shows up in the mail a couple days later.

Its a card holder that attaches to your pic rail below your scope (it has a built in hinge for compact storage). I took the White plastic card and put layers of masking tape on the front and the hard snap velcro on the back. I have used it for a couple comps and its great!

Reply #11
this is clearly a DIY silly simple project with an excel printout contact cemented to a piece of notepad type cardboard.  use masking tape or a strip of velcro or a "pillow pocket" sleeve to attach anywhere on the stock.  having it on the stock is key - once there, it won't get forgotten.   ymmv.