Skip to main content
Topic: Archimedes Long Action (Read 94 times) previous topic - next topic

Archimedes Long Action

ARC had a couple of recalls for the LA. One was the bolt/body and picatinny rail.  The bolt's been fixed, one day turn-around for the fix. Total 6 days including weekends to ship back to me.
Rail fix...ARC will send a new rail. This will be for a 300 PRC.  PVA bbl should be arriving within 2-3 weeks.

Re: Archimedes Long Action

Reply #1
Looks very nice, I hope your barrel gets to you timely so you can start wringing it out. I'm going to have to jack my Smith up about my .300 PRC barrel one of these days LOL, we're both shooting the 600 yard Nationals in MN weekend after this coming. He's got two businesses a family and a life so I don't pressure him very often.

Then there's the matter of the .338 Lapua Magnum sitting at the LGS I need to go get in the next couple days.
Dave

Re: Archimedes Long Action

Reply #2
@HufD63 I've finally received all the parts to start the assembly...however there were a few recalls with the Archimedes.  It's now back at ARC.  Functionally it is fine.  the last piece, is the 30moa rail.  waiting for the fix on that.  I was gonna use the rig to try out our NorCal URSA match in 2 weeks, but don't think it'll get shipped back in time.