Skip to main content
Topic: When BLM is at your back door (Read 270 times) previous topic - next topic

When BLM is at your back door

Not that BLM!!!!
I put fresh fuel in the quad and took an after dinner ride this weekend up into the BLM land behind my home.  I have endless miles of trails to roam and tons of places to set up steel plates from 500 yards to a mile that are so remote that I probably won't see a soul around all day. It also does not hurt that the scenery is spectacular . I just need to carry a bucket to pick up brass after the idiots in my new state that do not have regard for what a precious resource that is literally in my back yard.
I will carry the bucket for brass to donate to the junior shooter program somewhere nearby and take a garbage bag to pick up shotshells, bottles, cans, food wrappers and other misc trash that heathens discard out on public lands versus packing there trash out. Maybe, just maybe I can teach folks good stewardship and see if it catches on. Lead by example I always say.
My extended backyard:

Chris
Confirmed Idaho Resident! Adios California

Re: When BLM is at your back door

Reply #1
You are one lucky guy.
Beautiful country.
Did you see any signs of game on the blm?
Hopefully the litterbugs move out....maybe to San Francisco or LA....they can litter all they want there and the cities will pay people to clean up after them.
The homeless camps gotta stay clean...lol
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #2
Will you adopt me !! :D

I hear ya' about the Idiots !!  Did a camping trip to Wyoming's
Killpecker dunes on BLM lands. The camping/parking area was
littered with casings of all sort, and spent fireworks every where.
All are prohibited.  The worst was the deep dug fire pit, on the
main trail. It was full of trash. It was in the WSA part of the area. !!
Keeping my bad Kharma intact since 1952

Reply #3
Unfortunately the litter bugs are not out of state jerks but local yokels. We have a thing called property rights in Idaho and you can live like a total hoarder of garbage if you wish and there is nothing a neighbor can do about it. These same idiots are the ones trashing the place. In Gem county they let you haul your junk to the dump at no charge and folks still dump TVs, fridges and other crap in the shooting area at the BLM. I found tons of crap miles in on the trails. Sad.
Chris

Reply #4
Cap'n,
Same here in the South.  I live in the middle of the Kisatchie National Forest in central Louisiana.  As I type, there are pizza boxes and beer cans on the edge of the parish road near my rural mailbox.  I will die and go to Hell  before I pick up behind these inbred, low IQ, drug addled pieces of sh+#.  Just sayin'.
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #5
Unfortunately the litter bugs are not out of state jerks but local yoklels. We have a thing called property rights in Idaho and you can live like a total hoarder of garbage if you wish and there is nothing a neighbor can do about it. These same idiots are the ones trashing the place. In Gem county they let you haul your junk to the dump at no charge and folks still dump TVs, fridges and other crap in the shooting area at the BLM. I found tons of crap miles in on the trails. Sad.

it works both ways, my state Utah was an outdoors mans paradise , then the tree huggers from the west and east started moving in, they came with lots of cash, and spent it trying to close every piece of open land they could, tried to get every thing they could turned into wilderness, did'nt like the conservative laws so they worked there way into office and changed them so it was more like where they came from, I could go on for hours but you get the picture
the loudest voice is always heard but rarely listened too

Reply #6
Sadly I will pick up after these douche bags because I want to lead by example and maybe get folks into keeping it clean as BLM can and will shut it down if it continues. The daughter of one of LEO friends that just retired and moved to Montana is going to be one of my neighbors and going to work for IDFG as a warden. She will be tough on these yahoos and I will give her plenty of pics to use in court. Amazing the pics that someone can take with a quality 20-60X85 spotting scope with a cellphone adapter for photography. I have gotten license plates of poachers from quite the distance in the past that got solid convictions. This is a last resort as I will use public education and diplomacy first. You catch more flies with honey.
Chris

Reply #7
it works both ways, my state Utah was an outdoors mans paradise , then the tree huggers from the west and east started moving in, they came with lots of cash, and spent it trying to close every piece of open land they could, tried to get every thing they could turned into wilderness, did'nt like the conservative laws so they worked there way into office and changed them so it was more like where they came from, I could go on for hours but you get the picture

There are enough laws on the books including picking up after yourself on federal lands. Folks usually get on board if prompted the correct way. Those that don't change will suffer the consequences. I do not want to lose access to my BLM area by my home nor do my neighbors. I am not the only one voicing a concern as my neighbors are natives of the area for generations. They told me and when I responded with picking up and being friendly they said that we could to do a monthly pick up day which we are going to do over Labor Day weekend. I will haul my little trailer with my quad and pick up as I go for a ride. Then we will hit the shooting areas and get the TVs and other crap loaded into the big trailer and haul it off to the dump where it belongs. I am going to ask BLM to have an officer out there and keep the shooting area closed while we clean up.

And it is those tree huggers that I fear as they come in and want the place completely closed except to foot traffic which eliminates me and some of my neighbors as we are a bit on the limited mobility group and enjoy getting outdoors by use of an ATV. Those same tree huggers get jobs at BLM and USFS and get rules changed and areas shut down  without moving into the local area. I agree with cleaning up after yourself. They should post a sign that reads," Your Momma does not work for BLM and there is not a janitor that keeps this place clean. Clean up after yourself or don't snivel when the government takes away your access to it!"
Chris

Reply #8
You are one lucky guy.
Beautiful country.
Did you see any signs of game on the blm?
Hopefully the litterbugs move out....maybe to San Francisco or LA....they can litter all they want there and the cities will pay people to clean up after them.
The homeless camps gotta stay clean...lol

I have seen tracks as well as game trails up there. These buggers come to my place on a regular basis.
Chris

Reply #9
Sadly I will pick up after these douche bags because I want to lead by example and maybe get folks into keeping it clean as BLM can and will shut it down if it continues. The daughter of one of LEO friends that just retired and moved to Montana is going to be one of my neighbors and going to work for IDFG as a warden. She will be tough on these yahoos and I will give her plenty of pics to use in court. Amazing the pics that someone can take with a quality 20-60X85 spotting scope with a cellphone adapter for photography. I have gotten license plates of poachers from quite the distance in the past that got solid convictions. This is a last resort as I will use public education and diplomacy first. You catch more flies with honey.
CaptGrumpy,
You are dealing with a higher grade of human garbage out there.  Down here, brute force and ignorance is all that will make a ripple on their roasted brains  They die regularly from overdose and car wrecks.  No one remembers their names in a couple of days.  Very sad.
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #10
CaptGrumpy,
You are dealing with a higher grade of human garbage out there.  Down here, brute force and ignorance is all that will make a ripple on their roasted brains  They die regularly from overdose and car wrecks.  No one remembers their names in a couple of days.  Very sad.

Maybe but maybe not. What I do know is they are armed and it is not my place any more to use force on douchebags. I will just gladly assist the authorities with video and long range photography. My quad is armed with a GoPro so I can ride up and observe up close too without saying a word. Jerks just figure that they are not being watched. They are the ones giving responsible gun owners a bad name. I will just assist on hanging them out to dry without saying a word about it. I can just lead by example and spread the word about being responsible. Would I love to take a full trailer of the crap at the shooting area and dump it in their driveway so they could not enter their property? You bet your ass! But that is stooping to their level. I could care less about the tweekers except that they kill innocent victims when they kill while driving under the influence.
Chris