Skip to main content
Topic: New Deep Creek shooters do well! (Read 370 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: New Deep Creek shooters do well!

Reply #15
I see a Jeff Locke on the PDF files. Anyone get to know him ?
There was a Jeff Locke I used to shoot IPSC with back in the
late 70's and 80's. We lost touch and I believe he turned to rifle
as I did. Any sheets list shooters home town ?? It would be Erie Pa.

Dave.....How many 1000 yard BR Match's are held for the year ??
Keeping my bad Kharma intact since 1952

Reply #16
I see a Jeff Locke on the PDF files. Anyone get to know him ?
There was a Jeff Locke I used to shoot IPSC with back in the
late 70's and 80's. We lost touch and I believe he turned to rifle
as I did. Any sheets list shooters home town ?? It would be Erie Pa.

Dave.....How many 1000 yard BR Match's are held for the year ??

I know Jeff, he calls himself newbieshooter on accurate shooter. I doubt he's the same guy as he hasn't been shooting that long and i don't believe he would be old enough. He is however an extremely nice guy and a very good shooter.

10 regular season + the 2 championship matches at Deep Creek but if you're asking total IBS matches at all ranges I have no idea.  
Dave

Reply #17
Sunday scores
Dave

Reply #18
More including the equipment list.
Dave

Reply #19
one more
Dave

Reply #20
Congrats all around. And I do hope it was with a Creedmoor !!

Any pics ??

I believe Jerry has some pics. I'll try to get pics of my targets up this evening.
Dave

Reply #21
Won't second guess that heartbreaker....but when I am getting a super group going seems like I end up  wishing in number 5.  Never works for me!🤔

There's no wishing one in at 1000 yards, you are clueless where they're landing in the record string. I suppose with a good enough scope and clear conditions shooting a big .30 one might be able to make out his hits in the white.
Dave

Reply #22
I would love to see a match like that.  Had no idea that shots are not called as shot.  Only match I ever watched was blackpowder/centerfire up to 400 yards and they called each shot as hit.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #23
I would love to see a match like that.  Had no idea that shots are not called as shot.  Only match I ever watched was blackpowder/centerfire up to 400 yards and they called each shot as hit.

Your sighter rounds are spotted but once the record period begins you shoot your 5 or 10 shot group and don't know how you did until the target is scored unless someone in the pits tells you.
Dave

Reply #24
Day 1 match 1 targets
Dave

Reply #25
Day 1 match 1 second targets
Dave

Reply #26
Day 2 match 2

Here's the heart breaker!

Dave

Reply #27
Day 2 match 2 second targets

Here's the HG group that really helped get me some winnings! The LG group tried to bunch up again but leaked one out the bottom this time
Dave

Reply #28
Congratulations to both of you. Great job

Reply #29
Well I have to say last weekend at Deep Creek was one of the most fun and educational times I’ve had in a long while. It was a kick to chat with Dave in person and meet his lovely wife - Good folks. I got a chance to watch the real pros in action - including a couple of past national champions a few who are in contention right now. Every shooter I chatted with was friendly, supportive and generous in their efforts to teach a rookie. You can learn a lot of really good technique if you sit and analyze what you are seeing. The Deep Creek range is gorgeous and run extremely well by the club members. I would encourage anyone in the vicinity to consider joining up with that group of shooters.

Saturday first target I came out of the gate hot. Well maybe a little too hot. I shot a clean target for the full possible 50 points with a real nice group and then put one more round into the X ring because I had lost count of how many rounds I had put down range. That’s a real no no and I was DQed for that target. Bummer cause I lost 50 points towards my aggregate total for the entire match. Second target of the day, I redeemed myself a bit with a 4.46” group - best of the light gun relays for the day. Sunday we had a good storm coming in which made the conditions variable from relay to relay. Yep, I caught the windy ones. 😋 Shot a 39 first target and a 47 for the second. My total points for the match earned me 10th place out of 40 light gun competitors which I was truly stoked about considering I forfeited 50 points on the first target.

My rookie buddy Jay from Fort Collins shot heavy gun with a MPA chassis in 6.5 Creedmoor. Jay has never shot a match and just started with his Creedmoor about a month ago. He shot extremely well even though we played with his load development during the match. He doesn’t realize it yet,  but he freakin swallowed the hook last weekend. He is already asking when are we going to the next match. 😆

Needless to say I’m hooked on this competition stuff and next match I will shoot both light and heavy gun divisions. It’s time to decrown my safe queen and get that Shehane back in action.

Left Deep Creek Monday morning early and pulled into my yard at 12:20 AM after a 15 hour haul with the RV. 850 miles one way is a long trip but I still came home with a huge smile on my face.