Skip to main content
Topic: Christensen Arms Ridgeline (Read 186 times) previous topic - next topic

Christensen Arms Ridgeline

I just picked up Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 6.5cm.  I've heard/read both good and bad things about these guns.  Sure hope I got a good one.  Rings , bases, etc will be here tomorrow.  Probably get the chamber measured with some 140 Vld's and load a few up tonight.  Gonna try to break the barrel in a bit this weekend and get at least an idea for what she will do.  My first carbon fiber barreled gun.

Re: Christensen Arms Ridgeline

Reply #1
Think you will be happy.  I don't have one, but my unofficial god son Kodi does.  Regularly shames his Dad and I out to 400 with ELD-X and 140 Bergers.  Jim and I are both steady hands. Rubbed our faces in in last year.  We were pinging a 6 inch plate at 400,  rest and bag from a bench.  Kodi nonchalantly throws a bull bag over the bedside of his truck and goes four for four with ELD-X. We bought his lunch. Oh to be young again.  Build it in left hand, 6.5, 243 and 308. Stay away from shops that carry them because the urge is strong.
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #2
Good luck with the new gun! I have one myself and couldn’t be happier. I run factory Hornady eld-x but during the break in period the gun shot several other factory ammo well. I am thinking of getting another just in .280 AI

Reply #3
Thanks guys for the replies.  Had a chance to shoot the gun a bit over the weekend.  Sighted the scope in Saturday at my farm and stopped shooting after 5 rounds (barrel breakin) took it home and cleaned barrel good.  Took it out to a department of conservation range Sunday and fiddled with the scope a couple more rounds.  Shot first real group with final scope settings and it was a little over an inch.  Shot one last 3 shot group at 100 yds and they were cloverleafed.  This was with light reloads using Midway Blue box bullets.  Going to switch to the good stuff now and try to get some 140 Berger VLD's loaded up for this weekend.  I will say I like that triggertech trigger so far.