Skip to main content
Topic: What does your rifle weigh (Read 317 times) previous topic - next topic

What does your rifle weigh

My Creed has a 30" heavy barrelled Rem 700 short action on a Magpul hunter stock with Harris bipod and a rear skid as well as a Super Sniper 16X scope. I put that thing on the scale and it blew my mind when it weighed 17 lbs with a loaded 5 rnd mag. I know its a big gun and is a bit heavier but I did not realise it weighed that much. I did have to hunt around to get a case that was long enough  for the gun. Like guns the cases seem to have shrunk these days. How much does youalls guns weigh??    Chuck

Re: What does your rifle weigh

Reply #1
My Tikka T3x TAC A1 in 6.5CM, Kahles K624i, Spuhr mount and a 12h Fortmeier bipod :o

Reply #2
Since I could not get FrankenCreed to meet the 12 lb rule
(9 ozs over), it let me play around with weight and scopes,
as long as I stayed under 17 lbs.....After this match season,
my rifle will go under major surgery. It will be a test to keep
it under the 17 lb rule.

A buddy of mine was joking about having a problem with his
bipod while chuck hunting !! Said he was running too much
weight on his .243, and the bipod was sinking into the ground. LOL
Keeping my bad Kharma intact since 1952

Reply #3
 So My rifle is not really out of line Fuj. I have looked at it pretty closely and apart from remaking the skid in alumium there is really no weight that can be taken off. The only useless thing is my cant level has a angle indicator wheel and unless you shoot off or up a cliff nature does make slopes that go over 30 deg much and my mildot master takes care of that anyhow with the string dangle. It does look cute tho. As to an al skid I think not the steel is not really that much heavier that I can notice it.
                                                                                                              Chuck

Reply #5
My match Creedmoor weighs 15.5 pounds. Good middle of road weight for it's use.

Reply #6
20.4lbs...are you sure thats your 6.5 creedmoor and not your 50bmg? haha
Hmmm...last time I've checked it was 6.5CM, unless it grew in the meantime.
That's my F-Open rifle and since I've reberreled it, it's awesome.

Reply #7
 Hey Steve my AR 50 is maxed out with heavy 30" KP tube, forward bipod and pretty much blue printed including the bedding and a Jewel trigger and goes 49.75 lbs and my 50Xpress which is a shell holder which I designed and made the receiver is a wildcat goes 38.5 lbs The wildcat is sending 690 gn  projs at 3100 fps from a 36" heavy Bartlein 5R.  I had extraction problems but I have overcome them so I am going to push the velocity up. I like my Creed tho its soooo cheap to shoot and the little Jewel is a lot of fun to fiddle with too.  I spent less on a Lyman turret press and RCBS dies etc including the case trim outfit than I  have in just one set of 50 match dies never mind the press and all the other stuff. I only shoot Hunter from the ground with 50 cal. I just do not feel comfortable benching etc.
                                                                                        Chuck

Reply #8
My two 6.5 CM's are for F-Class and one weighs 18.5# and the second 19.9#.  I wish both weighed more.  Both have Sightron GenIII 10X50 scopes, big laminated wood stocks and long thick barrels.  My RAP in 6.5 CM with a B&C stock,Weaver 6.5X20X44 scope and bipod weighs almost 10 # but shoots like a dream.  I have a 300 WSM with a Weaver 3X10 Grand Slam and plastic stock that weighs about 8.5# and is great to carry elk hunting but kicks like a mule.  My Ruger 77 in 30-06 with a Simons 2.5X8 compact scope and factory wood stock is just about 9# and also carries well.  I have a Savage 11 in a Boyds laminated stock with a bull barrel and Vortex 6.5X20 scope that also weighs over 18# but it's getting a shorter, about 28",  6BR barrel and should shed about a pound.  Finally I have 6BR with a Lilja 28" barrel, a Vortex 6X24 scope in a modified McMillen fiberglass Hunter Bench Rest Stock that goes around 12#.

Reply #9
 You have some nice guns Mr Boltman. I enjoy mine byshooting them and seeing what i can do to make them better. Most of what i do is what I make and design myself. I have a bit of an unconventional view of musketry and I drive the traditionalists batty. I do shoot some match occasionally but it is not my first love. I just like being able to hit things that are all over the show and are fairly tricky shots that i have to ponder on for a while before i can make the shot. To each his own Chuck

Reply #10
My AR-6.5 is 13lbs

Reply #11
Kansaswoodguy My son has one too and he loves that AR. Its very accurate tho he has not had a chance to really stretch it out to see how far it will work. Under 300 its really very good for an auto and surprisingly consistant with home rolled rounds. It does outshoot his 5.56 AR              Chuck

Reply #12
My AR-6.5 has a 26" krieger barrel but I have AR-15's with Krieger, Shilen, Lother Walther, and White Oak Armament barrels I love the 6.5 it is an absolute joy at 750+ yds where the 223 AR-15's are about done but won't go so far as to say it will outshoot the AR-15's but their not really run of the mill spray and pray AR's. My next toy will be a bolt gun really leaning toward the RPR, Savage Ashbury, Savage BA Stealth or the Savage Stealth Evolution. I know there are a couple more chassis guns out there but I want a barrel nut system so I can swap barrels myself when I shoot it out. Right now the favorite in that lineup is the Evolution but that could change at any time just the Stealth with a magpul fixed stock might be more to my liking anyway.  IDK I'll abscess over it for months then finally decide.

Reply #13
Kansas the evolution is a sweet rifle.. a tack driver
Grant

Reply #14
Gman

Well that’s good to hear I was kind of leaning that way. How do you like the PRS stock and do you think adding a folding stock adapter would be worthwhile?