Skip to main content
Topic: So much for the match this weekend! (Read 239 times) previous topic - next topic

So much for the match this weekend!

I was planning on either testing or forming brass and breaking in a new barrel this weekend but looks like 'Barry' has other designs on my weekend..../

My home is in the direct projected path of the storm about 50mi inland.  We expect some storm winds but nothing over 50kts.  However, the rain predictions are worrisome for many neighborhoods (I am well above any flood level ever experienced).  I might make it out to the range on Saturday to see if the fish are bitin' :D .

Robin

Re: So much for the match this weekend!

Reply #1
Just be sure to wear your "Water-Wings" for any prone shooting.
One more thing for the range bag......
The most misused words in the English language are "can't" and "won't".

Reply #2
Be safe.....hopefully it won't be as bad as predicted.
Bob

Reply #3
I'm not too concerned as this will likely to be a kitten in comparison to other storms that hit us on the same trajectory.  New Orleans may be F'ed if they get any storm surge over 3-4 ft as the Mississippi is at high flood stage now and only 3-4ft below over topping the levees without any storm surge.  If they get much more water the toilet will get flushed...... again (if you've ever lived and paid taxes there you will know what I mean ;) ).

Reply #4
Sounds like a good weekend to test you wind skills! 😂

Reply #5
Steamer suggests water wings, and I'll suggest a surf board !!
Hang 10 (X).....LOL

Be safe.....
Keeping my bad Kharma intact since 1952

Reply #6
I am situated a couple of hours north of Robin.  Present track will take it a few miles east of me.  Just finished mowing the yard.  Beer, water, tortillas, fresh garden vegetables and plenty of venison on hand.  Have friends whose wives are freaking out.  We are in the piney hills. Too much time on the Weather Channel and Facebook for those ladies.  Will get some wind and some rain.   Good weekend to clean/organize hunting /shooting stuff.  Deer season 2019-2020 on the horizon. Will pay for my laissez attitude about semi-serious chit one of these days.  Not.
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #7
That's funny...I just finished mowing grass also :D .  Even though it looks like it will be a hurricane at the coast I think this one's going to scrub off a lot of mojo quickly.  I do have one old 100ft water oak that could reach my house if it fell in the wrong direction :( .  I took out 27 trees in the past couple of years but had the one hickory I really liked fall onto the house  ::) .  I was planning on taking out that oak this coming fall during a home addition job.....hopefully mother nature does not have other designs for it.

Robin

Reply #8
Home addition project - 2000 sq ft reloading room?

Reply #9
It'll be about 2000sq ft and will include a loading room.  In order to preserve the peace the majority will be a new master suite and entertainment room. :)

Reply #10
Robin how did you all weather the storm this past weekend?

Reply #11
We did just fine...thanks for asking.  I don't think we saw winds over 45kts at my house and lost a few small branches.  Rainfall forecasts of 10-20+ inches were less than 4".  My father had a very large water oak fall but no damage except a fence.  It gave me a chance to dust off the saws and do some honest work :D .

Robin

Reply #12
And now, this weekend, we all get heat from the third level of HELL.......
The most misused words in the English language are "can't" and "won't".

Reply #13
And now, this weekend, we all get heat from the third level of HELL.......

As a precautionary measure, I have my small generator ready for the
AC unit and mini fridge. That cold beer is important !!.
Keeping my bad Kharma intact since 1952