News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

Another long range record, 2118 yds.

Started by Ranger 188, April 14, 2019, 07:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger 188

mnbogboy

Can't resist this one anymore.
With a rifle like that you can hunt elk in central Montana but you only have to drive as far as Williston,  ND before starting the hunt.????
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

jvw2008

DHuffman

Quote from: jvw2008 on April 15, 2019, 10:14:41 AMLittle bit of money in that rifle. ????

No doubt! Pretty expensive to feed as well according to the article. Figuring 5 shots for a piece of brass and 1000 rounds barrel life  he figures $6.50 everytime he fires it.

Impressive accomplishment. I'd like to see what five shots look like. Even at 1000 a three shot group doesn't tell the whole story sometimes.
Dave

Sierra49er

Let's see $6.50/round and using 20 rounds for load work up, figuring he had three sessions and found the optimum load costs him $390.00 just to start to be able to compete or shot 100 rounds or so for fun.  I guess he might be related to an oil baron, manufacturing magnate (like Henry Ford), or related to the guy who owns Amazon, or Tesla. 

I think I will practice with my 22 LR and 17 HMR and then switch to the 6.5 for serious target shooting.
In adversity remember to keep an even mind, train hard and fight easy.
                            Horace and Alexander Suvorov