Skip to main content
Topic: Not with a Creedmoor (Read 491 times) previous topic - next topic

Not with a Creedmoor

Proud of my 14 year old granddaughter.  This is Kyra's second tom turkey.  She has taken 2 deer with last fall her first buck, a nice 3 point with the 243.  She used a 20 ga. at 38 yards this morning in WI.
She is earning her  "Creedmoor" wings!  Might have to screw a new barrel on her 243.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Re: Not with a Creedmoor

Reply #1
all smiles aint she... you have good reason to be proud … great to see our youth enjoying what we enjoy so much... well done sir..
Grant

Reply #2
Makes my heart sing when wives/girlfriends and children/grandchildren join the hunting ranks.  Well done!
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #3
That's very cool. Well done.

Reply #4
That’s a good looking tom too. Way to go Grand Pop!

Reply #5
She sure seems happy and the game proves it was a good hunt.  Glad some grandparents can take their grand kids outdoors and walk in the field, etc., instead of staying indoors and play video games or do social media by the fire.
In adversity remember to keep an even mind, train hard and fight easy.
                            Horace and Alexander Suvorov

Reply #6
She sure seems happy and the game proves it was a good hunt.  Glad some grandparents can take their grand kids outdoors and walk in the field, etc., instead of staying indoors and play video games or do social media by the fire.
I can't take the credit for this one.  She was actually hunting with her older brother Chase. Chase is 18 and his dad took him Turkey hunting at age 12.  Kyra is now 14 but with WI mentor program has been hunting since age 10.  My son Jim has had the kids in the woods with him since they were little shavers as I had Jim and my three other sons.  I've been fortunate to be a part of being with all my kids, grandkids and some of their friends when they've bagged their first deer.  There is nothing better in the hunting arena than those times.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #7
Grandson Chase with today's bird.🦃
Chase hunts deer with a 260 I put together for him.
Believe he is trying to get the next Creedmoor build.🤔
The middle brother Colby is playing high school baseball looking for his turn in the turkey woods this weekend.   Talk about sibling rivalry!
They sure make me proud.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #8
Nice proud granddad moment

Reply #9
Well done papa, well done.
It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you. It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Reply #10
She may have to use a shotgun on turkeys but she will slay a lot of boys with those good looks.

Eric B.
"I can stop buying guns and gun stuff anytime I want - I've done it hundreds of times."