Skip to main content
Topic: Powder Tricklers (Read 205 times) previous topic - next topic

Powder Tricklers

My Lyman gen 6 is all over the place. Windex, recal, etc, BS.
If money was no object who makes the best powder trickler?

Re: Powder Tricklers

Reply #1
Fx120i with auto trickler
Grant

Reply #2
No doubt that the Auto-trickler/Auto-thrower with a FX-120 or a Sartorious E-64 is the tops (could throw the Promethius in there but why throw away money).  I have a Sartorius but the Fx-120i would be my path if I had to do it over (that would have saved me a few Benjamins).  Check out this site:  https://www.autotrickler.com/auto-trickler.html

Reply #3

If money was no object.....

That statement would mean the Prometheus.....Now Rardoin
did make a point about throwing money away. I see it this way.
Every time we pull the trigger, that's what were doing.....Right
now, I would equate it more, to the level of sanity you wish to
pursue.

Keeping my bad Kharma intact since 1952

Reply #5
Resistance is futile....

Reply #6
The FX is fast, but time consuming building ladder loads. So there ya go, the time trade off right there. Looks like I’ll continue my struggle w the Lyman 6 and use the money for a Labradar or similar.  Any suggestions?
I’m a newbie here as well so thx. Websites, blogs, forums, etc are above my pay grade, not that tekky here.
Changed varmint loads to H4350, 120 Hornady eld m, anybody tried these? Load on lands or .020 off?

Reply #7
julio its not really very time consuming loading a 10 shot ladder with the fx120i... I did one today in about 30 minutes... a reliable chrono is a good thing to have like the labradar or magneto speed.. one thing it will tell you is your lyman gen 6 dispencer isn't very reliable... I have one setting on a shelf collecting dust because it aggervaited me to no end... I still plan on hanging it out at distance someday and putting a few bullets in it... >:( .. as far as the 120 eldm's go I always had good luck starting them at .020 off the lands...
Grant

Reply #8
The FX is fast, but time consuming building ladder loads. So there ya go, the time trade off right there. Looks like I’ll continue my struggle w the Lyman 6 and use the money for a Labradar or similar.  Any suggestions?
I’m a newbie here as well so thx. Websites, blogs, forums, etc are above my pay grade, not that tekky here.
Changed varmint loads to H4350, 120 Hornady eld m, anybody tried these? Load on lands or .020 off?

How can you make any statement about something that you do not own or know anything about?  It amazes me that anyone could open their mouth and insert their foot.
I had a dream! Free at last, Free at last! Moving to Idaho