Skip to main content
Topic: Minor changes coming up (Read 572 times) previous topic - next topic

Minor changes coming up

We are moving some boards around.  In the last 9 years we have grown way beyond the 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge, and we feel it is time to make the site more "Creedmoor generic."  

Re: Minor changes coming up

Reply #1
We are looking at a change of name to “The Creedmoor Forum” with no 6.5 designation. Sections will be organized to allow individual categories for each of the Creedmoor variants:  6, 22, 25, 6.5, etc. We are also going to open a small section of the forum for general discussion of “non” Creedmoor cartridges. This section will broaden subject matter that can be addressed and prevent those discussions from being intermingled with the true Creedmoor information. Our objective is to remain focused on the expanding world of the Creedmoor group of cartridges but also allow discussion of our work with other cartridges as it applies to the advancement of our general reloading and shooting knowledge.

LONG LIVE THE CREEDMOOR!

Reply #2
sounds great... thanks txcas and moderator's... I know theirs other forums out there that a guy could go to for information on other cartridges but for me I don't frequent them much... I prefer to call this home... 
Grant

Reply #3
What Grant said !!!  Great job guys.  

Bob
Bob

Reply #4
sounds great... thanks txcas and moderator's... I know theirs other forums out there that a guy could go to for information on other cartridges but for me I don't frequent them much... I prefer to call this home... 

We want to remodel and expand your home so you hang out there more often!

Reply #5
The way I see it at this point in time, and being in a Creedmoor
format,  I would have four separate forum sections.

6.5 Creedmoor

.257 Creedmoor

6mm Creedmoor

.224 Creedmoor

And in each format, it's own reloading section related to it's own
components and work ups.....The current reloading section is a
bit convoluted.  I would still keep a wild cat section, but separate.

Reply #7
Can't use Adware blocker anymore or you keep getting the pop up screen?

Reply #8
The way I see it at this point in time, and being in a Creedmoor
format,  I would have four separate forum sections.

6.5 Creedmoor

.257 Creedmoor

6mm Creedmoor

.224 Creedmoor

And in each format, it's own reloading section related to it's own
components and work ups.....The current reloading section is a
bit convoluted.  I would still keep a wild cat section, but separate.

You forgot the 7.62 Creedmoor!!! lol
Chris
Confirmed Idaho Resident! Adios California

Reply #9
Can we get some love for the 2 new PRC cartridges too? 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC?  or just limited to "Creedmoor" :D

Reply #10
Can we get some love for the 2 new PRC cartridges too? 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC?  or just limited to "Creedmoor" :D

I've got a 300 PRC in the works. Savage Flat back single shot with a SSS competition trigger in a Choate Tactical with a shouldered (no nut) 30" Lilja 9 twist barrel.

Waiting on a custom reamer throated for the 230 SMKs

Hoping to have it running this fall.

As far as the 6.5 PRC I've got two 6.5-284s so don't really feel the need to explore that.
Dave