Skip to main content
Topic: I ordered an Annealeez (Read 641 times) previous topic - next topic

I ordered an Annealeez

Ordered one a few days ago. Itll be a while before I get it. Im excited and hated to spend the cash, but feel its a great deal for what you pay. Ive been doing the salt bath but not a fan of it, and cant find the salt anywhere, except the place I got my kit from (canada) and shipping is costly.

Anyone else using one?

Re: I ordered an Annealeez

Reply #1
Quite a few of us here use it.
Just get on a regular schedule. Either every time or every other.
Or whatever you decide, just stick to it.

Reply #2
jm several of us use the annealeez… works well... I anneal after every firing...
Grant

Reply #3
You won't regret the decision, it's a great piece of equipment.

I was happy with my flame thrower but using it indoors, which is my only option, just spelled "bad idea" to me; "honey I burned the house down" just has a troublesome ring to it :(
Chris

Reply #4
I anneal every firing so I don't have to track 'firings between anneal'. 

Reply #5
I've got one of the early ones. It's a good machine especially for its price and they've made some improvements since I got mine so it's even better now.

Reply #6
I inherited my brother's Annealeez  and sitting it next to my BenchSource. It just about doubled everything in my reloading shop. Not exactly how I planned to expand. My reloading lab is going to be huge once I set it up in Idaho. I think I might bypass the hazmat permit to transport my stash of powder and primers.
I had a dream! Free at last, Free at last! Moving to Idaho

Reply #7
Good to hear that its solid. I felt that it was but wasnt 100%.

Hopefully their lead time isnt terrible.

Reply #8
I ordered mine on November 20th. It hasn't shipped yet, hope we don't have to wait too long.

Reply #9
It shows you it must be a good machine, or you wouldn't have such a back log.
Word would have gotten out that it's a bad buy.
I got mine ( last year) within a week.

Reply #10
They are scrambling to get caught up being over 6 weeks behind in lead time. Decent device that gets the job done.

Reply #11
While looking into options, I found somebody said there is a salt you can buy from a store which is the same as the high temp salt bath.  I check my bookmarks in the morning.  That anneleez looks so basic it should be easy to make one super cheap.

Reply #12
The annealeez looks good. I cheaped out and made a wood annealer that is not exactly automated. I just need to find a hose T so I can run two torches with one 20lb tank. Works well.
I would like to buy a Bench Source, but budget does not allow it.

Reply #13
Here is some info for salts.. previous topic, on sourcing the two chemicals directly and mixing..
http://www.65creedmoor.com/index.php?topic=6019.msg73719#msg73719

Two US suppliers, but may not sell in small quantities.
https://www.hubbardhall.com/chemical-applications/heat-treatment-salts/
http://heatbath.com/heat-treating-products-2/quenching-and-tempering-salts/

I also found a link on Alibaba for various treatment salts.  You can probably purchase small quantities there as I've purchased a few chemicals there under 1 lbs. 

Anybody around North Texas wanted to do a group buy, I'd be in!

Reply #14
The annealeez looks good. I cheaped out and made a wood annealer that is not exactly automated. I just need to find a hose T so I can run two torches with one 20lb tank. Works well.
I would like to buy a Bench Source, but budget does not allow it.

I found the tank T fitting at Walmart. If not there, check with the place where you get your tanks filled if it is a propane yard.
I run the long hoses to my torches on my BenchSource from a T on the tank.