News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

6.5-20 vortex viper

Started by Kansaswoodguy, January 25, 2019, 09:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kansaswoodguy

Vortex Viper 6.5-20 at optics planet $429 plus another 10% off promo code JANTEN final price $387 + free shipping. I couldn't help myself and ordered one I can always use a another scope laying around.

bob_atl

Which reticle is that one ? 
Both mine are BDC, my choice.
... rule #9 ...

Kansaswoodguy

Mil dot is the one for $429 little screwy having mil dot retical and MOA knobs but I shoot so much with other guys and we all have different knobs and scopes that I'm getting pretty good at swapping back and fourth it's not that important to me anymore that they match. Speaking of swapping back and fourth anybody know of a good mil-moa-inch-yd-meter printable PDF file. The Mildot Master is very good but at $30 it's not something I can laminate and hand out to new shooters when they come to the 1000yd range we have set up.

CptnAwesome

I just ordered a Vortex viper 6.5-20x44 from sportsman's warehouse for $299. Deadhold BDC and Mil dot is same price. 50mm objective is $469

https://www.sportsmans.com/hunting/optics/scopes/rifle-scopes/vortex-viper-rifle-scopes/p/p12654

Edit: I bought a Mill dot on Thursday, looks like they're sold out now. The BDC is still available

bob_atl

Quote from: Kansaswoodguy on January 26, 2019, 10:36:22 AM.... mil-moa-inch-yd-meter printable PDF file..
This is a jpg file,  I may be able to convert it to .pdf if needed. 

Corrected the meters conversion.
... rule #9 ...

gman47564

Quote from: bob_atl on January 26, 2019, 01:25:13 PMThis is a jpg file,  I may be able to convert it to .pdf if needed.

Theirs something not right with this table. I use moa all the time but I'm pretty sure 1 moa isn't 3.6 mills.

Grant

bob_atl

Could be, I don't use mildot, got the info from :  this paper.
Paper definetly says @100 yards MOA =1" and Mil-Dot = 3.6"
Here's another source Trijicon
You guys that use Mil-Dot should chime in here....
... rule #9 ...

Kansaswoodguy

Pretty sure  MOA and MIL columns are both in inches 100yds =99m=1" for 1MOA = 3.6" for 1MIL

gman47564

Bob that is correct. I was miss reading it. I thought it was saying one minute equaled 3.6 mills. My bad
Grant

gman47564

The table is showing how many inches one mill is at a 100 yards. I couldn't see the inch Mark's by the mills at the top.
Grant

Westie1

Conversion of yds to meters is off. 100yds is not 99meters, it's 91.47 meters. I put the 6.5x20x44 on my T/C and have basically no complaints. Only thing I need to remember is to set it to 14x for ranging, and not 20x.

bob_atl

Westie, you're right, I double clicked the 9 in 0.9144 - thanks.
Updated the chart above and made the units more clear..
... rule #9 ...

Westie1

Not a problem. Hate to tell what I paid for mine, mil-dot version. Was on sale at sportsman's warehouse late last summer + $30 coupon.

JayW

I have one of the 6.5-20x50's with a  BDS reticle on my Savage 110. It's a fantastic scope, but a little too much on the low magnification end for woodlot whitetails. It's really nice at the range though.