Skip to main content
Topic: AMP Press (Read 104 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AMP Press

Reply #1
Current price is about $1400 and it is a totally different design from what they started with a year and a half ago. This one looks better. I would like to play with one for a couple months before I invested. 😊

Reply #2
Looks like a pretty amazing piece of kit..  chris they stole your idea.. lol.. the advancement in technology just amazes me..
Grant

Reply #3
It's all good Grant, I borrowed theirs to start with, lol.

Chris

Reply #4
Interesting to see the compressed load seating pressure spike.
The test would need to be proving the data it creates, and how it translates to paper. Bullet seating force node lol.

Reply #5
Looking forward to seeing if this produces any actionable data.  There have been a few activities in reloading that were important until they weren't.

It seems like light neck tension in the range of .0005 to .001 produces reliable seating depth within an acceptable range of +/- .0005.  How do I know that is acceptable?  Well, I really don't but +/- .002 can sometimes make a mess but not always.

I have seen a few videos of guys using this press but none have measured base to ogive after using it.  Maybe it will turn out that is less important than I think but, I am thinking that there is no there there with this press...

Totally willing to be wrong and to adopt new habits...

Henryrifle

Reply #6
Think that’s a very valid concern Henryrifle.