Skip to main content
Topic: A Creed for my nephew (Read 160 times) previous topic - next topic

A Creed for my nephew

My nephew called a while ago wanting to know what gun to buy in 6.5 Creedmoor because he guided a friend with one on a little antelope hunt and had to have one after witnessing the devistation. LOL

I told him if he wanted a good gun with a great barrel I'd sell him my old Savage Model 11 LRH and put a fresh Criterion on it plas an extra scope I had that I didn't use.

He was all for it. The gun hasn't had a barrel on it for over a year but it's an LRH Accustock rifle with a lighter spring in the Açcutrigger and a SSS bolt handle.

Ordered a 24" 8 twist Criterion heavy sporter from James at NSS and screwed it together, mounted up the Vortex Crossfire on a 20 MOA rail and broke it in with a bow of factory Win. 140 match ammo.

It broke in nice and I zeroed it up and took it home to him 3 weeks ago.

With the factory ammo on a new barrel it was shooting about half to three quarter MOA.

Dave

Re: A Creed for my nephew

Reply #1
Last weekend he sent me a pic from opening weekend. I'll be headed home tomorrow evening for 9 days off and will be deer hunting Saturday morning until I either get tired of it, tag out or have to go back to work. LOL

Dave

Reply #2
Happy camper there Uncle Dave!

Reply #4
Ya well... I’m sure you will survive. I suspect that money is already tied up in a new build.

Reply #5
Dave is like Grant, one (20) isn't enough.  ;)
Grant probably still has his first BB gun....

Reply #6
Hey Dave - you could try to buy it back. Sam is family so he won’t rip you off too bad. 😂

Reply #7
Or tell him you didnt mean you would sell it but you would loan it to him for how ever long he needed it..🙂
Grant

Reply #8
Congrats to your nephew! 
Good luck on your hunt.  Maybe that your nephew is tagged out he might borrow it to you....it may be the lucky rifle!...lol
Have a good one.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #9
Randy I think Dave is pretty committed to his new rifle (yes another new rifle) for upcoming hunt.

Reply #10
Congrats to your nephew! 
Good luck on your hunt.  Maybe that your nephew is tagged out he might borrow it to you....it may be the lucky rifle!...lol
Have a good one.

I think he's got another tag. He may have the lucky rifle but the tack driver is cased up sitting on my couch.
I've got a lot of confidence in the new build. The coyotes better be on high alert! LOL
Dave

Reply #11
Hey Dave - you could try to buy it back. Sam is family so he won’t rip you off too bad. 😂

Honestly I was glad to pass it on to him. I wasn't shooting it anymore and he was tickled to have it.
Dave