News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

Did you shoot today?

Started by gman47564, July 02, 2021, 09:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikemutt

Livin' in the city, I'd be happy with a 5yd range :(
Chris

autoxforfun

Shot at our Monday morning practice session out to 600 yards.  We have a local match next Sunday at that distance so we had a good turn-out.  This will be an electronic target match which will be new for me.  The club is mixing up doing registered NBRSA matches and then local electronic target matches.  We're working to pull in some new shooters and creating some new classes for chassis guns etc.  

The electronic targets are pretty nice.  You get to see each shot immediately with the group size and score.  Here is the 6mm Grendel.....slowing getting it dialed in.  

After we shot the practice, a fellow shooter and I went and shot pistols at the public range.  I hadn't shot my 9mm Beretta 92FS in several years...it was fun to get some time with it.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

jvw2008

I have a Beretta 96. It's my favorite!

missippyman

I haven't been to the range yet this year, it's about 45 min. away. It's gonna be a while before I get there, it's cold with snow on the ground. The temp isn't a big deal but I want to recover my brass.

jvw2008

test

You cannot view this attachment.

MJeff23

check...it appears to be a PDF pic of a Primal Rights dial indicator...
Jeff
First impressions are forever.....you don't get a second chance

HufD63

Turned 163 6br into 6bra today putting 80 +/- rounds on two barrels. Both Lilja 8 twist 3 grooves for the Borden. Ready to start tuning.
Dave

jvw2008

Quote from: MJeff23 on January 23, 2022, 04:56:21 PMcheck...it appears to be a PDF pic of a Primal Rights dial indicator...

Correct! 😊

Still wrestling the picture posting from an iPhone with this new forum software.  It seems you have to convert the iOS pic format into pdf to get it to transfer.

Still looking for a better path. 😊

HufD63

Me, Mr Heater and the barrel vice taking care of business LOL
Dave

HufD63

Dave

LeadHammer

Shot my A bolt today, doing a seating depth test, as it was nice out finally and with little wind. I was thinking about chucking my rifle in the bush as it was not going good for most of it. Seems this rifle is picky with its pencil barrel.

Hmmm my MacBook Pro is broken, have to see how to upload images on this iPhone.

autoxforfun

I like your post....if I click 'next' I see your kitty...lol   I stopped there.

Not sure what I would conclude from your targets other than 43 looks the best.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

LeadHammer

QuoteI like your post....if I click 'next' I see your kitty...lol  I stopped there.

Not sure what I would conclude from your targets other than 43 looks the best.

Kitty?   What? Lol oh, it just scrolls randomly through Imgur. Not my photos or posts. I will delete it and find another way.
I should probably try 42, 43, 44, then back up to 200yards.

HufD63

Shot another 164 FF loads from 6 BR to BRA yesterday breaking in 2 new barrels for the newly stocked and front sledded 19# Panda HG

Takes about 6 hours to break in 2 barrels including the barrel swap. Includes cleaning each barrel @ 3,5, 10, 20 & 40 +/-rounds.

Today my youngest son and I shot some steel in a 20 mph cross wind, i made first round hits at 600 & 735 yards holding about 3.5 & 4.5 MOA windage shooting the KRG Bravo stocked Rem 700 in 6.5x47L imp pushing a 130 Berger HVLD @ 3000 fps

Fun but chilly LOL   
Dave

gman47564

Me and two other guys went down in the bottoms today and shot long.. started at 600 then 800, 900, 1000 and 1200.. my 6.5 x284 shot well.. i also shot my dasher and 6.5 prc.. we had a tough wind.. 10 mph. But one minute it was blowing at 8 oclock the next it was blowing at 4 oclock. Then it might blow straight toward us.. the dasher took 4 minutes of wind at 800 and 2 minutes of wind at a 1000 at one point.. the 6.5x284 i had to hold left edge of the plate part of the time. Right edge part of the time and straight up other times at 800,1000 and 1200.. struggled a little with the prc.. think my zero was off on it.. one of the guys shot a dasher also and struggled from 800 on out.. the other guy shot a 6.5 creedmoor and struggled a little till he got his dope figured out then shot good.. all in all had a good day even though the wind was tough and it was cold..
Grant