Skip to main content
Topic: Spring is knocking (Read 694 times) previous topic - next topic

Spring is knocking

High of 68 degrees today and very little wind so far I know it’s Super Bowl Sunday but I’m heading to the range here shortly it’s just to nice not bang a little steel.

Re: Spring is knocking

Reply #1
Feeling pretty "spring-like" here today too, but realistically it's only Groundhog Day, so I won't get too excited for about another six weeks.

My work schedule/client visits are on a 6-8 week rotation, so to me spring is only one more rotation out.
Stay Out Of My Psychosis!

Reply #2
68 today
Minus 3 Tuesday with 14” of snow

No spring here. 😟

Reply #3
Feeling pretty "spring-like" here today too, but realistically it's only Groundhog Day, so I won't get too excited for about another six weeks.

My work schedule/client visits are on a 6-8 week rotation, so to me spring is only one more rotation out.

Lucky, we have a second ground hogs day after the first six weeks is up and we then add six more😂!
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #4
Lucky, we have a second ground hogs day after the first six weeks is up and we then add six more😂!
That's also called April Fool's Day.
We've had that before. A few years ago our heaviest single snowfall of the season was April 4th. This winter has been way too mild for that to happen this year.
Stay Out Of My Psychosis!

Reply #5
62 here today with a 11 to 15 mph southwest wind.. me my boy and my buddy went long in it.. 1200 yards.. my prc 6.5 is bad as$.. 😁
Grant

Reply #6
31 degrees at "sunrise" here today.

We have 5 yards of concrete patio and walkways all formed up and ready to pour, it's been either too wet or too cold.
Chris

Reply #7
I only had about 20 rounds of the 147s loaded they shot pretty well at 625yds and 1000yds so wet in the fields I didn’t even try to drive to the targets. I’m still getting used to the new Mark 4.  I havoeven chronographed those 147’ I ran out of 140’s and just used the 147’s they shot very well.

Reply #8
I have a patio, sidewalk and carport floor for my firewood shed to pour this spring/summer. I haven’t even considered forming it up quite yet. I waited on my concrete guy last year because I had the other sidewalk stamped and wanted the new one to match but he never got to it I may just pour it myself this year.

Reply #9
68 today
Minus 3 Tuesday with 14” of snow

No spring here. 😟

I couldn't take those huge temp swings.

Other than 1 day ( Iirc) today is the first day above 0 ambient in 5 weeks. But of course it got to blowing 20 so the wind chill will still turn the ears brittle.
If your going to be a Bush Alaskan You need a perfect winter rifle. The Ruger M77 Hawkeye SS in 6.5 Creedmoor is mine.<br>You are being watched.

Reply #10
31 degrees at "sunrise" here today.

We have 5 yards of concrete patio and walkways all formed up and ready to pour, it's been either too wet or too cold.
31°F is fine for 3000 psi concrete. Just cover with visqueen after its floated.
 Or wait till it warms up .
If your going to be a Bush Alaskan You need a perfect winter rifle. The Ruger M77 Hawkeye SS in 6.5 Creedmoor is mine.<br>You are being watched.

Reply #11
I have a patio, sidewalk and carport floor for my firewood shed to pour this spring/summer. I haven’t even considered forming it up quite yet. I waited on my concrete guy last year because I had the other sidewalk stamped and wanted the new one to match but he never got to it I may just pour it myself this year.

There ya go. Just make sure u have enough good people on hand. Few things worse than a concrete pour and being short handed.

Reply #12
There ya go. Just make sure u have enough good people on hand. Few things worse than a concrete pour and being short handed.
One thing is worse....A nice hot Saturday in June of 1975....hired 2 blocklayers to lay up the basement of my first house....i was to mix mud and pass them the blocks.....pretty good shape those days when I was working in the woods........well enough except I stopped at the tavern after work the night before and closed the place at 2:00AM.....instead of driving(drunk) the 35 miles to my mom's & dad's where we stayed during construction I slept it off in my car at the build site......well these guys showed up at 6:00AM......worked until all 11 courses were laid up......turned out to be the longest day of my life....pretty sure it shortened it too! .....those 10" blocks got heavier & heavier and dragging a hoe through the mud in a wheelbarrow about stretched every muscle I had.....wouldnt wish that on anybody.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #13
Only 8 below here this morning (Mn).  Spring is here!!
Eric
NRA Benefactor Life Member<br>Crafty Old Fart

Reply #14
We get a smattering of spring, with some random wintry days thrown in for good measure. Mostly, it's just been either damn nice, averaging 50, or in the 40s with rain. Typical north Texas weather though. No big surprises yet, but it might get dicey tonight and tomorrow morning. Supposed to get kinda chilly. Good thing I'm insulated.
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
I have a lot of guns... There, I said it.