News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Who's hunting what this year?

Started by mnbogboy, June 03, 2021, 12:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chazwood

I need to take time off work to get out and hunt.
I've had a knee operation just before Xmas and only just feeling like if I walked in I could get out again.

mnbogboy

Quote from: chazwood on June 05, 2021, 05:39:52 PMI need to take time off work to get out and hunt.
I've had a knee operation just before Xmas and only just feeling like if I walked in I could get out again.
Hope you heal up well before hunting seasons begin.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

chazwood

It's here the rut is pretty much finished but we can hunt All year now so I'll get out in a couple of weeks as life is starting to slow down again.
I took a trip out yesterday to scout around and find a spot I'll be able to sit and wait, and if I get one I can get them vehicle close so not too much carrying.

Philbie

Just put in for the deer draw here in AZ.  Mule and Coues.  In it more for the hunt then the kill.  Time spent with the old man doing something new to both of us is most important.
Tell me about the rabbits George, tell me about the rabbits.......

chazwood

Quote from: Philbie on June 08, 2021, 09:45:11 PMJust put in for the deer draw here in AZ.  Mule and Coues.  In it more for the hunt then the kill.  Time spent with the old man doing something new to both of us is most important.
You guys will have a great time making great memories.

LeadHammer

Not drawn for moose again. Maybe after year 10........grrr

Stugotz

I have 2 trips to hunt hogs down in Texas with a possible 3rd trip to my friends spread 20 miles east of Sarasota, FL if the stars will align right for me.   8)
Yes, I realize speling is a chalunge for sum of us...I am inkluded in that grup, so pleze fourgiv me. Ski-U-Mah!

jvw2008

Whenever I see a comment on hog hunting, it makes me think of a past member here. His name was Swampthang and he was one of the originals. His favorite saying was: Kill em' Kill em' all! ????

6.5 Hunter

I just got back,  from 5 months,  of Fishing,  at the coast.  I'm pretty much stuck,  with the good ole North Carolina Whitetail.  2 weeks til Muzzleloader,  and a month,  til Rifle Season.
Mark

mnbogboy

I spent a few nights in my camper the last two weekends and sat a few hours in my ameristep chair blind waiting for that elusive whitetail buck to show up.
Hoping to do it again this coming werkend. Friday I will attend the funeral of an old friend who was father to one of my son's best buddies.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

DHuffman

Quote from: mnbogboy on October 19, 2021, 11:23:59 PMI spent a few nights in my camper the last two weekends and sat a few hours in my ameristep chair blind waiting for that elusive whitetail buck to show up.
Hoping to do it again this coming werkend. Friday I will attend the funeral of an old friend who was father to one of my son's best buddies.

Glad you're getting out to do some hunting and camping Randy, very sorry to hear of the loss of a friend. My condolences.
Dave

LeadHammer

Well I managed to miss the entire muzzleloader season without going out.  My favourite pasture, is walk in only now, the last 5 years the population has been decimated form a combination of predator and chronic wasting. ( I feel either wolf or cougar problems from the dead heads we find, ofter multiples within 40 yards from each other ) I also lost hunting privilege on two quarters of land due to foreign ownership.

Time to shoot the 6.5 again mid November for White tail, think I will try and get out to my field tomorrow and do some more long range shooting.

mnbogboy

I wasn't sure which rifle in the stable would get the call for our deer gun season here in MN  which opens tomortomorrow! Looks like it will be Betty Lou, my 700 Remington which started life as a 25-06 in 1989. 2 years ago I put the 6.5-06 barrbarrel from eBay thst rugged hole barrels did such a horrible job of chambering.i shot it some this afternoon and now have the confidence that I can kill a deer with it to more ow if i get s decent chance. I don't. Know what it will do if i stretch it out. My blind I put up this afternoon does not give opportunity for anything much over 100 yards.
My oldest son has set the bar for us by clobbering a big buck with his bow in Wisconsin. 236 pounds dressed weighed on the race car scales.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

jvw2008

sportacus

Sat from 6-10 this morning for TN muzzleloader.  Saw 11 deer mostly does and fawns.  3 bucks.  Spike, 4 point, small 8.  Had deer
 in front of me from 0730-0930..  Fantastic morning to be outdoors. Getting pics of a wide 10 that is haunting me.  Rut about to kick off.  Chasing behavior happening all around me.  The 4 chased a doe and two fawns around for 10 minutes.  Will hunt this evening and tomorrow morning.  Tomorrow evening reserved for the first two episodes of Yellowstone, Season 4.   ;D
If you have the shot, take it.