Skip to main content
Topic: Who's hunting what this year? (Read 224 times) previous topic - next topic

Who's hunting what this year?

June 17 is the drawing for Wyoming deer and antelope tags. My applications are in and hoping for good luck. I applied for a couple of areas where I've held tags in the past. Actually have camping spots in mind and a good idea where to start.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Re: Who's hunting what this year?

Reply #1
First and foremost im hunting Primers!!!  😏
Grant

Reply #2
First and foremost im hunting Primers!!!  😏
I haven't stopped since Christmas! The only ones I've got since then are 3 flats my son gave me. Also driven approx. 900 miles to my shop in superior WI 6 trips since christmas. No primers
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #3
I'm in for draw on antelope, mule deer, moose and elk. Hopefully get drawn for something this year. I'm in the highest "pool" to be drawn from in everything.

Reply #4
I'm in for Moose, then just a Whitetail and grouse over the counter.

Reply #5
I’m hunting a 5 shot,  1” group on paper at a 1000 yds this year. 🙄

Reply #6
Was drawn for bull elk in unit 5a here in AZ.  Drew a tag same unit 2 years ago but a nasty snowstorm shut all roads down for the first 2 days and only had 1 day to hunt an area we hadn't scouted due to limited access and FR closed.  Saw 2 while looking for a place to settle into but nothing once settled in.
Tell me about the rabbits George, tell me about the rabbits.......

Reply #7
In the rifle deer draw, will put in for antelope when the draw opens.

Deer should be a sure thing and I get antelope every other year and this should be the "get it" year. We'll see.

As to @jvw2008 might as well wish for a world record if you're wishing that small.
Dave

Reply #8
That was my implication. 😊

Reply #10
Good luck to all in their drawings and good luck to Dave & Jerry in your quest for a world record. I'm pretty sure Dave will get there first, if he hasn't already  been there. 1 inch or 1 moa?
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #11
I just got back from a prairie dog hunt (over Memorial weekend) does that count?      8)
Yes, I realize speling is a chalunge for sum of us...I am inkluded in that grup, so pleze fourgiv me. Ski-U-Mah!

Reply #12
Whitetails in LA and TN.  Will hunt my home ground hard this year.  We have already started the prep.  Feral hogs and coyotes will be tune-up targets of opportunity.
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #13
Good luck to all in their drawings and good luck to Dave & Jerry in your quest for a world record. I'm pretty sure Dave will get there first, if he hasn't already  been there. 1 inch or 1 moa?

This may be the smartest guy on the forum LOL

Current IBS World records

1.087" LG @ 1000 5 shot group
.336" LG @ 600 5 shot group
.311" HG @ 600 5 shot group

I shot a .865" 600 yd 5 shot group (.144 MOA) at Elbow Lake 2 years ago and can't really remember my best 1000 yd 5 shot group, low 3" or high 2" IIRC

Rob Unerlt from WI shot a .772" 5 shot @ 600 last weekend in Humboldt SD

Personally I think it will take an advance in equipment, tuning and/or a pile of luck to break any of these records.
Dave

Reply #14
This may be the smartest guy on the forum LOL

Current IBS World records

1.087" LG @ 1000 5 shot group
.336" LG @ 600 5 shot group
.311" HG @ 600 5 shot group

I shot a .865" 600 yd 5 shot group (.144 MOA) at Elbow Lake 2 years ago and can't really remember my best 1000 yd 5 shot group, low 3" or high 2" IIRC

Rob Unerlt from WI shot a .772" 5 shot @ 600 last weekend in Humboldt SD

Personally I think it will take an advance in equipment, tuning and/or a pile of luck to break any of these records.
And a really calm day!!

I'll be concentrating on elk general archery season starting last weekend in August, deer, and bear will also be on the menu at the same time, but putting my energy into elk.
I get a second season for deer in November when they are in the rut.
Wife gets a general deer tag for western Oregon for a month also.
Got a buddy I met on AS that's coming up for opening weekend of rifle and last week of season if hes not successfull on the opener.