Skip to main content
Topic: That was fun (Read 187 times) previous topic - next topic

That was fun

I got about a half acre pond out in my side yard.. i put a 100 catfish in it a few weeks ago and have been going out in the evening to feed them.. while feeding them i have been noticing that theirs a few green headed turtles poping their heads up out of the water..  ;D so this evening after i fed my fish i go get my little rpr22  and some shooting sticks along with a seat and go have me a seat out there and wait for them little heads to pop up.. i fired 5 shots and know for sure i got 2 of them as little pieces of turtle heads went flying up in the air then landing in the water.. and pretty sure i got two others.. im easily entertained... 😁
Grant

Re: That was fun

Reply #1
Turtle popping is a blast...pun intended...lol...my buddy has a pond that becomes overrun with them and we work on them with the CZs
Rick

Reply #2
This is the guy i was after..  :)
Grant

Reply #3
Were did that big snapper come from?

Reply #4
He was out there in my pond also.. i had seen him a few times when mowing around the pond. Seen him come up when feeding the fish yesterday.. went and got my stuff and set out there for about a hour and didnt see any turtles.  Then he finally came up and was eating the fish food. I popped him a good one but didnt kill him.. he went under .. but i could see all kinds of bubbles coming up and the bubbles started getting closer to the bank. He finally got his front end out of the water and i put one in his head that done him in..
Grant

Reply #5
"Turtle Soup Tonight!"
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #6
Went a few days without seeing any more turtles in my pond and thought i had them cleaned out for the time being.. then a couple days ago i seen one pop his head up.. so i go to the man cave and this time i grab a ruger mark 3 target pistol.. go back out there and sure enough hes got his head poked up out of the water about 15 yards away.. i let one go and shot right over the top of his head.. but he made a mistake and didnt go under so i quickly let another one go.. thought i got him but wasnt sure.. i could see bubbles coming up and moving around for a bit and i thought i must of missed.. waited a good half hour or so and it never did come back up and the bubbles stopped.. didnt see any yesterday but today this guy was floating in the water.. may not be able to see it but hes got a bullet hole right between his eyes.. 😁
Grant