News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Gordon's Reloading Tool

Started by autoxforfun, May 08, 2021, 04:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

autoxforfun

I have used Quickload for a couple years and then gave Gorden's tool a try about a year ago.  It was pretty limited in the options for powders, bullets etc.  I just downloaded the latest release and it has made a huge improvement in this area.  If you don't have Quickload and are looking for some reloading software, I would suggest you give it a good look.  Also, for those how might care, besides being supported on Windows, it is also supported on Linux.

Here is the link to it.  There is no cost but you do need to register.
https://grtools.de/doku.php?id=en:doku:install
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Ranger 188

I think Robin has used this and likes it.

DHuffman

I played with it a while when the powder options were extremely limited.
I was also modifying case capacities to fit my improved cartridges so with both those things being said I never really could get it to "line up" with what I was doing and lost interest.

I may give it another go but I'm not very tech savvy and enjoy testing on paper anyway.
Dave

mnbogboy

Quote from: HufD63 on May 09, 2021, 08:52:35 AMI played with it a while when the powder options were extremely limited.
I was also modifying case capacities to fit my improved cartridges so with both those things being said I never really could get it to "line up" with what I was doing and lost interest.

I may give it another go but I'm not very tech savvy and enjoy testing on paper anyway.
my copythaticopiedon to my aptop outdated itself& expired . I foundit  fairly accurate to predicted velocity in my crazycats. Idownloadedthefirstcopy to y phone* yransferedto the laptop with a canble.
ThanksgorthecurrentlinkBob; now I may be able to play with it more
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

NightForce

I've been using Quick-Load for 6 or so years and find it a great way to gauge loads before I actually try anything, look at it as a "what if" tool.

Windsage

I have used Quickload for a long time and have now been using and supporting Gordon's for a couple of years.  Now I always use both.  The Gordon's data continues to get better.  It may be better than QL for many loads now.

autoxforfun

Quote from: Windsage on December 29, 2021, 09:26:53 PMI have used Quickload for a long time and have now been using and supporting Gordon's for a couple of years.  Now I always use both.  The Gordon's data continues to get better.  It may be better than QL for many loads now.
Windsage, I agree.  I use both but I'm using Gordon's more and more.  I also like that it runs on linux :)
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

jvw2008

It's nice to get in the ballpark, but I think it would be boring to cookbook perfect reloads. I still think there is something missing in Chris Long's formula for optimum barrel time.

liamadhrith

Hello, autoxforfun. I will try to use.

VA-XBolt

I've used both and continue to use both, and I have have also just ordered the data updates from Quickload as well.

From what I've seen so far, with the 6.5cm, using H4350 and Hornady 140gr ELD-M bullets, Quickload and GRT were very close to each other, and also seemed to align (again close) with actual measured velocity for powder charge.

For other reloads for my 454 Casull, GRT was way off the mark, where Quickload was again very close to actual. So, possibly a difference in powder type and data for those loads in GRT. There are certainly some things I like with GRT in terms of presentation, but both applications require running on Microsoft Windows, which for me, means a virtual machine running on my Mac laptop.