Skip to main content
Topic: Marlin News (Read 172 times) previous topic - next topic

Marlin News

Have recently read a couple of articles about Ruger production of Marlin lever guns.  They are focused on the 336 and 1895 rifles.  Might see some in the racks by fall of 2021.  Have a 336C in 30-30 that is 52 years old.  Have carried it since I was a lad.
Hankering for a 35.  If they produce any, I will try to purchase one. 
If you have the shot, take it.

Re: Marlin News

Reply #1
It's nice to read about new guns from Ruger, that's about all I get.

Been trying to buy a Super GP100 in 9mm for my wife since they announced it with much fanfare. I think Ruger has made hundreds, maybe thousands of them but, they are all on one of the other planets in our solar system, along with jugs of gunpowder, and pallets of primers.
Chris

Reply #2
GP100's are awesome. ( mine is old style ) I shoot a 4.25" blued one in 357mag. Shimmed it and its so nice. ( was great already out of the box ) I also shoot an Alpha project 9mm, 6".
I prefer the 357 mag with speed loaders over the moon clips. I don't shoot 38 sp out of it, I load light with Unique powder in 357 mag cases. No carbon ring to ever deal with.

Reply #3
Have recently read a couple of articles about Ruger production of Marlin lever guns.  They are focused on the 336 and 1895 rifles.  Might see some in the racks by fall of 2021.  Have a 336C in 30-30 that is 52 years old.  Have carried it since I was a lad.
Hankering for a 35.  If they produce any, I will try to purchase one. 

I have had my .35 model 336C since I was 12 yo.  I learned to hunt with it and taught my kids to hunt with it.  At shorter range in the woods, it remains an excellent choice.

Reply #4
I used to compete in Cowboy Sillouette matches with a Marlin 336 in 30-30 Win..  I used a Speer 125 gr Flat Point and AA2250 powder.  I stopped competing and sold it to a friend who now can't be beat.  My rifle my load his talent a winner every time.  Go figure.