Skip to main content
Topic: First Deer With The New 6.5 Creedmoor (Video) (Read 412 times) previous topic - next topic

First Deer With The New 6.5 Creedmoor (Video)

Not the 1st animal,  I've killed with it (Coyote,  last week),  but,  the first Whitetail.  Been Big Buck Hunting,  the last 2 months,  not seeing many Deer,  at all.  I have a month,  to get some meat,  in the freezer,  so,  meat hunting it is.  (I have 1 more Buck Tag,  I'm saving)    Found out,  via trail cams,  I have a problem,  with neighboring Dogs,   frequently visiting my small  (35 Acres) hunting lease,  here in Central N.C.

The shot,  was 100 yds,  slightly quartering to.  Entrance,  was in front of the left shoulder,  and a nasty,  exit wound,  on the opposite side.    I'm definitely,  a novice,  when it comes to video'ing,  so,  you guys,  excuse the crappy work.  I do it,  just for the fun,  and saving something,  I can watch later. 

Once again,  I truely appreciate,  all the input,  on working up a load,  from you guys,  back in the Spring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYHzfFBdwJU

Mark

Re: First Deer With The New 6.5 Creedmoor (Video)

Reply #1
Nothing wrong with that buck....some fine eating there.  Also the video was more realistic than a lot of hunting shows.
Congrats and thanks for sharing.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #2
Congrats 6.5Hunter! I think that’s a great video. 👍

Reply #3
Congrats on the first 6.5 deer, i bet many more are to come.

Reply #4
Congratulations.  Dogs can be an issue.  The only time I have murder in my heart is when I see mutts chasing whitetail fawns in the summer/fall. 
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #5
The good hunts,  continue another day.   Moved to my creek bottom stand,  this morning,  and had this one,  cross the creek,  and come in.  With 1 Buck Tag left,  he got a free pass.  As you can see,  at the end,  he pops that head up,  walks off.  A couple of minutes later,  I hear a Deer,  walking down the hill,  to my left, with the wind at his back,   and when he pops into view,  it's a decent 8 pt,  about 15" wide.  He walks by me,  at 30 yards.  I had the Rifle up,  safety off,  and .......knowing I had 1 buck Tag left,......I let him walk.   Had turned the Video Camera off,  and he was so close,  didn't want to alert him,  because the Camera,  clicks,  when it's turned on,  so,  no video,  of him.  Figures Huh?  I want Does,  and all I'm seeing is Bucks.  Enjoy the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_9GmW0M3Uk
Mark

Reply #6
Nice video I’ve taken several animals with 6.5 Creedmoor and been very impressed