Skip to main content
Topic: Creedmore does it again (Read 287 times) previous topic - next topic

Creedmore does it again

Shot him about 150 yards. he's not a big one but ill take him.

Re: Creedmore does it again

Reply #1
Shot this Huge hog with a 224 Valkyrie. he probably weighs over 400 pounds. i am 6 feet tal and he is two feet longer than me hanging. The pics do not do it justice. down below is the story.

Ok the hog from hell story. This hog come out on my shooting lane all the way at the end about 150 yards, i thought it was a bear when i seen it. i scoped it and seen it was a big hog. didn’t know how big just knew he was big

I let him walk right at me and about 120 yards i thought, lets see what this 224 will do. all i had was a straight on head shot, so i let er rip and he goes down. this thing is roaring like a bear and blowing like a deer. the bullet went in his jaw and came out the back of his neck.

well i’m thinkin he dead so i ease on down the stand and walk toward him and he pulls his butt up and i get about 20 yards and he gets up blowin blood everywhere, he opens his mouth and shows them tusk and snorts and charges me. well crap, glad i ain’t got no bolt action. i’d be in a world of hurt. so i flip the safety of and shoulder the gun and rip off 3 rounds in him. i just kinda stuck it up to the shoulder and pointed, didn’t have no iron sights and the scope ain’t worth a crap at short distance.

He goes down again, i approach a little and fixin to shoot that big head and he jumps up and takes off for the high grass, i put two more rounds in his side. he keeps going. about that time a guy in the camp that ask me what i shot rode his wheeler down to my stand to help. he had his grand daughter and wanted her to see it. I told him to get his light out and keep his firearm drawn, i turned my firearm light back on and we go in the grass.

He ain’t but 10 yards in it laying down, sucker is still alive and breathing and kicking a little. I said Jimmy, shoot that big bastard in the head with that 45 auto. he fired one round and it didn’t even phase him, he shot another and that one done the trick. He was gonna die anyway but i need him dead to get out of there.

He ask me what i was gonna do with him, i said i’m gonna drag him down skull road and let the yotes have him. he stunk too bad for me to mess with. Jimmy said i’ll take him, i said ok lets get him to camp. now we couldn’t pick that big sucker up to put on a wheeler and it would probably have bottomed out our springs anyway. so we tie a chain and strap and drug this sucker about two miles. His wheeler was hurtin, i could hear it bogging down. he got stuck three times before we got it off the soft dirt wheeler trails.

He hung it up and liked to pulled our skinnin pole down and started skinning it, the hide and that hard fat layer that comes stuck to it was 2 inches thick. this sucker was full of holes. I told him you will have to pull that hide off in strips. he cut one strip and 6 inches wide and i bet it weighed 20 pounds. The good thing that come from this is i didn’t have to put new undies on.

Reply #2
Great story. That is a big hog!
Dave

Reply #3
Congrats on a nice buck and king kong hog!
Bet the Creed would have been better medicine for the hog!...lol
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #4
If it had been me, think my underwear would’ve smelled worse than the hog by the time all was said and done. 🙄

Reply #7
Sounds like a exciting hunt!
1 question....
Would you shoot another big hog with the 224?
I'm takin it back to hunt with again, and if i see another hog, then yes. i shoot all them i see. but i won't make the mistake of trying it at long range if he's coming at me and i will shoot him in the brain. But i think he was the boss of the woods, don't think there is another big as him there. guys have him on game cams. But next year i will not take the 224 deer hunting, it will be the creedmore or 308

Reply #8
Belt Fed.  Great narrative and great pics.  Have killed a lot of feral hogs over the years but only one Hogzilla like your monster.
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #9
BTW, good buck.
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #10
good story ... heck of a hog... and nice buck...   a hunt im sure will be remembered the rest of your life.... 
Grant

Reply #11
Belt - what kind of pills are you shooting in that 224?

I've had a barrel sitting around need to put it together just never got around to  it my love turned to  collecting some classics but i have a Blackout i'm going to swap out parts and sell that barrel.

Reply #12
Belt - what kind of pills are you shooting in that 224?

I've had a barrel sitting around need to put it together just never got around to  it my love turned to  collecting some classics but i have a Blackout i'm going to swap out parts and sell that barrel.
90 grain federal fusions

Reply #13
Here are the specs on the box

Reply #14
Good Buck!    And an awesome Hog.  Congratulations guys!
Mark