Skip to main content
Topic: Scope issue  (Read 286 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Scope issue

Reply #15
I agree.. something doesnt look right there..
Grant

Reply #16
Probably an optical illusion but the front ring looks taller/higher than the rear ring in that picture.
wouldn't the ring b a lil higher since its on the end of the picatinny has the 20 moa built in

Reply #17
wouldn't the ring b a lil higher since its on the end of the picatinny has the 20 moa built in

No the rings should be the same height on the rail. The rail actually cants downward in the front.

Reply #18
The rifle is broke.  Give me a call I’ll make you a ridiculously low offer. 

Seriously work through all the advice above, you’ll figure it out.
Roaneman

Reply #19

On a properly installed 20 MOA rail the forward ring would set slightly lower. His looks slightly higher (to me)
Dave

Reply #20
i agree... i would take it all off and start over... even the rail... take it off and use your calipers to measure each end of it... the thicker end goes to the rear of the rifle... mount your rings making sure the cross bolts in the rings are down in the slots machined out of the rail for them... dont tighten down yet.. lay the scope in the rings were its making good contact with the bottom half of the rings... then slide each ring as far forwad as the cross bolt in the slots will allow... then tighten down the cross bolts... then put the top half of the rings on and get your eye relief to your liking and plumb the scope up and tighten the capps...
Grant