Skip to main content
Topic: Not a Creedmoor Hunt, But..... (Read 226 times) previous topic - next topic

Not a Creedmoor Hunt, But.....

......hope I can get some footage with the new 6.5,  this Fall.
Admins,  if not allowed,  feel free to delete this,  or let me know,  and I will.

This is probably one of my favorite Hunts.   Small area to hunt,  around 8 acres,  but THICK,  and loaded with Deer.
After the timber was cut,  I kept an 80 yd lane,  cleaned out,  and built a wooden ground blind,  on the edge.   Had to wait,  probably 15-20 minutes,  before taking the shot,  due to the combination,  of low light,  and the long eye relief,  on the pistol scope.  I shot,  went back to the truck,  and called my buddy,  that lived about a mile away.  Extra set of Eyes,  never hurt, on what I thought,  might be a tracking job.  He passed away,  6 weeks later,  from a Heart Attack. 

Shot,  was 60 yds,  with a 9 1/2" Super Redhawk.  My best Whitetail,  with a Handgun.  Better to watch,  on something,   besides a Phone,  due to low light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1wHRBKab00
Mark

Re: Not a Creedmoor Hunt, But.....

Reply #1
Very nice buck, congrats.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #2
Great deer!  Back in the early 80", NC was one of the first states to have an early muzzleloader season.  I was hooked.  T/C Hawken, 54 cal, 430 grain Max-Ball pushed by 100 grains of Goex FFG.  I was stationed at Bragg and there were tons of deer.
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #3
Great deer!  Back in the early 80", NC was one of the first states to have an early muzzleloader season.  I was hooked.  T/C Hawken, 54 cal, 430 grain Max-Ball pushed by 100 grains of Goex FFG.  I was stationed at Bragg and there were tons of deer.

I live about 30 miles NW of Ft. Bragg.    Nothing's changed  much,  over the years.  Bow Season,  came in,  at the same time (Early September) for the whole State,  then Eastern Muzzleloader,  about the 1st week in October,  then Gun,  2 weeks later.  I'm 15 miles,  from the Eastern Line,  and everything's pushed back,  a month behind the Eastern Season,  for my area.
Mark