Skip to main content
Topic: Forum Behavior (Read 802 times) previous topic - next topic

Forum Behavior

Here's an interesting (possibly only to me) thing I've noticed since becoming a moderator on our forum.

Before being asked to be a moderator I was always pretty quick to speak my mind but now that I've become a moderator I find myself considering every post I make before I hit the post button.

Is my post mocking or condescending in tone?
Is there a possibility my post could be perceived as an insult to another member or guest?
Is my post related to the subject at hand or is my post going to distract from or derail the current discussion?
Is a remark in my post going to start the thread down a negative direction and turn it into a shit show?
I could go on but I think we all get the idea I'm getting at.

Since becoming a moderator I have deleted a few posts, some of my own as well after realizing there was a high probability they were going to cause a conflict.

This morning I deleted a series of posts in the shout box that when read from start to the point of deletion made the posters (myself included) looked like a bunch of 5th graders in a pissing match on the playground.

Speaking for myself, NOT any of the other Mods or Carlos I won't be tolerating any of that behavior going forward from anyone. It's unbecoming to all of us and the entire Forum as a whole. Right there in the shout box on the front page being the first thing someone would see visiting the Forum is unacceptable IN MY OPINION!

One thing we've always prided ourselves on here as long as I've been associated with this forum is the way we've treated each other and newcomers. There are plenty of gun related forums available to people who need drama and feel the need to be hostile, condescending etc. to other members so if that's what you are looking for feel free to take it "over there" and have at it. That's not we are about here.  

Finally none of us here are perfect and we are all subject to being insulted. Going forward I'd ask everyone to take it up in the PM section before it gets out of hand on the public forum.   

Dave

Re: Forum Behavior

Reply #1
I couldn’t agree more. Good job resetting some guidelines Dave.

Reply #2
I second daves sentiments.. the camaraderie is second to none here.. lets do are part to keep it that way..
Grant

Reply #3
Dave and Grant......Good luck in your new moderating jobs.

Remove me from these forums.

Reply #4
Sorry you feel that way Fuj.

Grant and I don't have the authority to do that.

As I told you in our PM this morning if you feel you've been wronged take it up with Carlos in a PM

Since you continue to insist on airing this out on the open forum I'll ask Carlos to look into it for you.
Dave

Reply #5
Fuj neither of us has asked you to leave.. and we both feel you contribute to the forum.. but if you dont like how things are here you have the right to leave .. you dont need either of us to do that for you.. you can do that yourself.. no hard feelings here one way or the other..
Grant

Reply #6
Be on the lookout for Eric... since he got booted from AS he might be lurking again ;D .

Just baiting you EAS ;) .  It is safe to come out and play here.

Reply #7
 ;D LOL I'm confident Eric has learned the error of his ways and will be a productive forum member here.  :D

All kidding aside Eric is one of the good guys. I've personally met and competed with Eric on two occasions. He's good to go! 
Dave

Reply #8
Yup, I got in a little trouble with the cat meme on the Accurate Shooter forum.  Well, it was on the Warped sense of Humor thread.  Coming up on 7 years on the Creedmoor forum.  A lot of the guys are gone now.  The Creedmoor has come along way since.  Remember when we were all making cases from Lake City brass.

I never did like all the Creedmoor bashing on the Accurate Shooter forum anyway. 

I think this is my 2,238 post here. 

Remember when Glenn was taking his CDL test in Alaska?

Eric

NRA Benefactor Life Member<br>Crafty Old Fart

Reply #9
Yup, I got in a little trouble with the cat meme on the Accurate Shooter forum.  Well, it was on the Warped sense of Humor thread.  Coming up on 7 years on the Creedmoor forum.  A lot of the guys are gone now.  The Creedmoor has come along way since.  Remember when we were all making cases from Lake City brass.

I never did like all the Creedmoor bashing on the Accurate Shooter forum anyway. 

I think this is my 2,238 post here. 

Remember when Glenn was taking his CDL test in Alaska?

Eric

Yeah yeah good times and whatever  ;D now I'm more interested in the sled in that pic. Do tell!
Dave

Reply #10
If you never moderated before then go slow. Don't be deleting or banning everyone who doesn't act like the queen of England with their manners. Moderating is an art. Learn it before wielding a heavy hand.

Reply #11
;D LOL I'm confident Eric has learned the error of his ways and will be a productive forum member here.  :D

All kidding aside Eric is one of the good guys. I've personally met and competed with Eric on two occasions. He's good to go! 

Personally, I thought Eric's 'final straw' post was very funny.  I think the Forum Boss woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning. 

Reply #12
Personally, I thought Eric's 'final straw' post was very funny.  I think the Forum Boss woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning.

I never said it wasn't funny
Dave

Reply #13
Man I miss all the fun I didn't see any of this. I didn't know Eric got the boot from AS.
I'm going to have to pay more attention 😁

Reply #14
I can post the cat meme here if you guys that missed it would like to see it!   
Eric
NRA Benefactor Life Member<br>Crafty Old Fart